Avr an intergrated amp into one set of speakers

C

Crazy8s846

Audioholic
Hey guys was wondering if there is a switch so i could run my avr and my Rp280f an switch to my Kenwood ka892. The reason being my avr sounds not as load with my turntable probably the low watts not sure but the kenwood sounds really good with my turn turntable its 125 watts a channel. I wont say the avr sounds bad but the volume has to be turned up to 50 just to start hearing it where the kenwood at 50 would be blowing your ears up. I dont know if this is the right place for this thread if it isn't sorry.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Probably more to do with the sensitivity of the phono section between the two units. What avr do you have and does it have a phono section? The volume scales between the two units are likely not comparable either.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Hey guys was wondering if there is a switch so i could run my avr and my Rp280f an switch to my Kenwood ka892. The reason being my avr sounds not as load with my turntable probably the low watts not sure but the kenwood sounds really good with my turn turntable its 125 watts a channel. I wont say the avr sounds bad but the volume has to be turned up to 50 just to start hearing it where the kenwood at 50 would be blowing your ears up. I dont know if this is the right place for this thread if it isn't sorry.
You need, Niles DPS1, it's a amplifier/speaker A-B selector, you can find it on Amazon.

C

Crazy8s846

Audioholic
Ive got a Denon 540bt not the best i know useing the audio in for media. Was going to get a sub but now im thinking a better receiver might be in order. Was thinking of buying a Onkyo tx nr696 100watts a channel plus i could bi amp my speakers. It has phono in to.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
That Onkyo nr696 is a nice unit. If you want, checkout accessories4less.com you can pickup a nice refurb Onkyo TX-RZ620 for less with a years warranty. Plus you can buy more warranty with them like 29 bucks for 3 years warranty. They do have a very nice selection, Yamaha Denon Marantz Pioneer and Integra. Go do a look see you may find a good deal. I got my last AVR from them a Yamaha TSR-7790 with pre-amp outs over two years ago still going strong!

C

Crazy8s846

Audioholic
Probably more to do with the sensitivity of the phono section between the two units. What avr do you have and does it have a phono section? The volume scales between the two units are likely not comparable either.
That Onkyo nr696 is a nice unit. If you want, checkout accessories4less.com you can pickup a nice refurb Onkyo TX-RZ620 for less with a years warranty. Plus you can buy more warranty with them like 29 bucks for 3 years warranty. They do have a very nice selection, Yamaha Denon Marantz Pioneer and Integra. Go do a look see you may find a good deal. I got my last AVR from them a Yamaha TSR-7790 with pre-amp outs over two years ago still going strong!
Thanks will check them out.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I looked at the specs for the 540 on Denon's site, it doesn't seem to have a phono stage which would explain why it sounds much better on a unit with one.

C

Crazy8s846

Audioholic
Wish i would have known about this before i bought the 540bt could have got the onkyo 777 for the same price as the 540bt. Just lucky i found you guys. On another note i definitely dont need a sub the klipsch rp280f are kicking some real bass know. I have hard wood floors. Went to store and bought to rubber mats cut them to fit the speaker base and bass is kicking now. The house has no foundation its raise off the ground with a crawl space under it funny how little things make a big difference .

Last edited:
Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Wish i would have known about this before i bought the 540bt could have got the onkyo 777 for the same price as the 540bt. Just lucky i found you guys. On another note i definitely dont need a sub the klipsch rp280f are kicking some real bass know. I have hard wood floors. Went to store and bought to rubber mats cut them to fit the speaker base and bass is kicking now. The house has no foundation its raise off the ground with a crawl space under it funny how little things make a big difference .
Yep, AH is my go to site only, the members on AH have some really knowledgeable and most of the ole timers been there done that. I've pickup some really good tips from them. Just a note I'm not real
Technical as some on here. Get to know some of these guys, PENG, KEW, shady J, unm TLS Guy, Ivr, even Gene will answer if you catch him on a Thread he's the Owner he pops in now and than dude is awesome! If you need info don't hesitate to ask anyone of them dudes. Believe me I made many mistakes they may pick at ya a lil but it's all in fun.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis