Avp-a1hdci looking for upgrade kits 4K and XT32

D

Digioc

Audiophyte
Hello everyone, I have just purchased a avp-a1hdci. Would anyone know where I can find the upgrades for this preamp? Thank you

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello everyone, I have just purchased a avp-a1hdci. Would anyone know where I can find the upgrades for this preamp? Thank you
You have posted twice, and the answer is the same. You are blowing smoke. I hope you did not pay too much for that boat anchor.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
You purchased one of the best Dolby TrueHD Processors ever made. The analog section is superb as are the DACs. The problem is, Denon did NOT support this product and there are no upgrades to Atmos or HDMI 2.1. IF you're only sticking to a 9CH speaker layout and don't care about Atmos or the latest in HDMI, then enjoy. IF not, you'lll need to sell it and get a Marantz AV 10 if you want similar performance but with up to date technologies.

D

Digioc

Audiophyte
Hi
You purchased one of the best Dolby TrueHD Processors ever made. The analog section is superb as are the DACs. The problem is, Denon did NOT support this product and there are no upgrades to Atmos or HDMI 2.1. IF you're only sticking to a 9CH speaker layout and don't care about Atmos or the latest in HDMI, then enjoy. IF not, you'lll need to sell it and get a Marantz AV 10 if you want similar performance but with up to date technologies.
Hi Gene, Thank you for your feedback. I do not care about Atmos, I will keep as is and enjoy. Thank you again.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Hi

Hi Gene, Thank you for your feedback. I do not care about Atmos, I will keep as is and enjoy. Thank you again.
If you are willing to use your PC, or a good streamer to enjoy music, then you do have an upgrade option, albeit a different kind, that is, use Dirac Live.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
then you do have an upgrade option, albeit a different kind, that is, use Dirac Live.
How is that possible if the host unit doesn't have Dirac ?
The pc/phone/tablet app has to communicate with that device....its a two way street, I thought.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If you are willing to use your PC, or a good streamer to enjoy music, then you do have an upgrade option, albeit a different kind, that is, use Dirac Live.
That just 2ch?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
That just 2ch?
Yes, $169 more for the multi channel license:

They do offer a 14 days trial.

It can work as standalone, or with 3rd parties music player software such as jRiver, Foobar and others via plugins.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
How is that possible if the host unit doesn't have Dirac ?
The pc/phone/tablet app has to communicate with that device....its a two way street, I thought.
You can use the PC standalone version that also can work with plugins, or you can use an external device such as one of those offered by minDsp.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You can use the PC standalone version that also can work with plugins, or you can use an external device such as one of those offered by minDsp.
I wonder how OP might use such with the old pre-pro.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Was trying to think of all the gear it would entail (if the OP has any of it).
Looks to be around 800 bucks to run something that probably isn't worth the fuss....I still haven't used/ran Dirac that I already have.
They should call it Dirain....as in dirain your bank account.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Looks to be around 800 bucks to run something that probably isn't worth the fuss....I still haven't used/ran Dirac that I already have.
They should call it Dirain....as in dirain your bank account.
Well, my bank account is secure, and I have no need of any of that RC nonsense.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I did enjoy my ~ 9 YR time with my AVP-A1HDCI until it died.

For something this old, I don't think it's worth the money to upgrade it to anything even if it were still possible, which I don't think it is.

The lack of ATMOS and 4K is a bummer, though. But if you do without it, unlike most of us, then it's cool.

I did not miss the AVP-A1 at all when I changed to my new AVP with 4K and ATMOS.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Congratulations on your purchase! You might want to check the manufacturer's website or reach out to their customer support for Channel upgrade options. Online forums or AV enthusiast communities could also provide helpful insights or recommendations.
Oh, shut the hell up Mr Bot.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis