Average cost of theatre rough in

I

Instalz

Audiophyte
Hi guys, just curious about what the average cost of 5.1, 6.1 and 7.1 home theatre rough in wiring is. This is wiring for new construction. No backboxes, just wire, pre construction brackets, low voltage boxes. Let me add that this would be for a bid for a contractor. Thanks in advance...

annunaki

annunaki

Cost of parts only? Is labor figured in? What type of integration, set up and placement? Need more details.

I

Instalz

Audiophyte
Sorry, here are the specifics. I am just trying to get an idea of pricing as I am placing a bid for a housing development. Typically I deal directly with the home owner. For this I'm dealing with the builder. They want a price on theatre rough in wiring. I'm talking about materials, which will be in-wall wire, pre construction brackets, low voltage gang box. This is just speaker wire rough in. I know the material costs, and I also know how long it will take, but the price I am hearing sounds a bit high for rough in. However, calculating the materials and labor isn't high enough in my oppinion as there are no
garantees that I will get the retail end of these installations. ie; equipment sales and so on... I don't want to price myself out of the job, but I don't want to be too cheap either. I have bid the whole house audio rough in, and I know I'm good with that... Thanks guys...

annunaki

annunaki

I guess it would really depend on the installer and past experiences. For a typical 5.1 install (with sub), with rough in kits, boxes ect. (leveling them, drilling holes, running wire, ect.) I usually figur 1/2 hr. to 45 min a pair to be safe. I would figure 2 hrs.-2.5 hrs. for a whole theater rough in. Never underbid yourself. If you figure over you can always charge less, and your customer will be happy. It depends a lot on the installer and how efficent they are.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis