AV10 & AMP10 Unboxing

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
DLBC is good and matured, ART, not so sure but before jumping in I would wait and see more reviews, with measurements to show it's effectiveness especially if your surround/height speakers are not really full range.

Knowing Dirac, I think it will work, just not sure how much you will gain from DLBC, that is very good already.
Lots of very positive feedback (for ART) rolling in! - including with 2.1 systems

And if one is up in the AV10 price bracket, I cannot see any logical reason why one would NOT go for ART at this stage... at the lower end, with an X3800 where you are adding circa US$1150 (almost the price of the AVR over again) - one would be far more careful with the pennies!! - but with the AV10, the margin of likely improvement is probably higher than the margin of additional price.

Sawtaytoes

Sawtaytoes

Junior Audioholic
DLBC is good and matured, ART, not so sure but before jumping in I would wait and see more reviews, with measurements to show it's effectiveness especially if your surround/height speakers are not really full range.

Knowing Dirac, I think it will work, just not sure how much you will gain from DLBC, that is very good already.
Only Storm processors have ART right now until August I thought. DLBC isn't in the AV 10 yet as far as I know.

M

multisport4me

Junior Audioholic
Only Storm processors have ART right now until August I thought. DLBC isn't in the AV 10 yet as far as I know.
The AV10 is supposed to get DLBC early in 2024....and maybe ART.

I didn't know when the Storm limited exclusivity ended. Perhaps we will hear more details and definitive dates from Masimo in September?

Sawtaytoes

Sawtaytoes

Junior Audioholic
The AV10 is supposed to get DLBC early in 2024....and maybe ART.

I didn't know when the Storm limited exclusivity ended. Perhaps we will hear more details and definitive dates from Masimo in September?
I'd like to see where you found out about the 2024 date for DLBC if you have it.

Mine were from YouTube videos and interviews I'd seen, but I don't have links on-hand.

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
And there has been no word from other brands that support DLBC (JBL/Arcam, Onkyo/Integra/Pioneer, Nad...)

Monolith have stated that they intend to support ART on their HTP1... ETA unknown

It will be interesting to see whether JBL continues their "all you can eat" tradition by releasing a new flagship with ART included...
And Onkyo have yet to release their true RZ90 flagship - which was mentioned a few times, so we know it exists - (at least the prototype) but probably the production run has yet to happen... and Onkyo/Integra might wait for ART to release their flagship with a "bang"?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Understood, my point about DLBC being "matured" is that it has been out for a while now on some models and even in the PC standalone version (that I have used), just not for the AV10 yet. ART, on the other hand is still very new, so would need to see some measurements to see how effective it is.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Lots of very positive feedback (for ART) rolling in! - including with 2.1 systems

And if one is up in the AV10 price bracket, I cannot see any logical reason why one would NOT go for ART at this stage... at the lower end, with an X3800 where you are adding circa US$1150 (almost the price of the AVR over again) - one would be far more careful with the pennies!! - but with the AV10, the margin of likely improvement is probably higher than the margin of additional price.
You probably know by now that I am skeptical about subjective measurements. If you have seen a few (hopefully not just one) REW type graphs that can show with ART vs with just DLBC, please link and I would greatly appreciate it. Again, positive reviews without measurements do not mean much to me at all.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You probably know by now that I am skeptical about subjective measurements. If you have seen a few (hopefully not just one) REW type graphs that can show with ART vs with just DLBC, please link and I would greatly appreciate it. Again, positive reviews without measurements do not mean much to me at all.
And how good of a REW frequency response would it take? Going from +/-3dB response to +/-2dB ?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
And how good of a REW frequency response would it take? Going from +/-3dB response to +/-2dB ?
It depends on not just +/- x dB. In some cases, I heard no improvements going from +/- 5 dB after running Audyssey without fine tuning with the app, to +/- 1.5 dB (with no smoothing) after tweaking with the app. The effects of applying a bass tilt always made an audible difference. That's based on limitinf the corrected/eq'ed range to 1000 Hz.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It depends on not just +/- x dB. In some cases, I heard no improvements going from +/- 5 dB after running Audyssey without fine tuning with the app, to +/- 1.5 dB (with no smoothing) after tweaking with the app. The effects of applying a bass tilt always made an audible difference. That's based on limitinf the corrected/eq'ed range to 1000 Hz.
Bass EQ boost?
Yeah, bass always makes a huge audible difference.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis