F

francis

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>need advice on av receivers, any ideal on Denon and Yamaha receivers, have a limited budget for US 400. Use it with Axioms M40 speakers.</font>

<font color='#000000'>These two are always compared together as contenders, sometimes along with Onkyo.

Your models are:

Yamaha RX-V630 (Yamaha RX-V1300 for a bit more)
Denon AVR-1803, AVR-2802

There are others, but I'm not personally familiar with the Yamaha HTR series. Others will invariably have some more input.</font>

D

duff

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>I have the Denon 1803 with Axiom M60s (and accompanying surrounds).  I love the setup.  I can't really say more than that, however, as I have not listened to any Yamahas recently.  I went with the Denon because of their reputation of being a little warmer for pairing with the brighter, more forward Axioms.  I didn't get a chance to hear a side by side comparison though.

For $400, you can get the Denon 1603 from an authorized dealer.  Or if you don't care where you get it, you can easily get the 1803 with cash to spare.

The 1803 has a 6.1 processing/amplification (and some more inputs), while the 1603 has only 5.1.  But the 1603 has A/B front speaker outputs.  Pick your poison.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis