GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
When it hit holes and man covers the things just thuds so not sure what to make of that. Am thinking the frame wasn't designed that good, or just old.
A bit of column A and bit of column B, I would think.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I had an 84 Ranger back in the day. I lived in DFW at the time and man that thing was horrible in rain or ice. Never had a mechanical problem with it. Traded it in a year and a half later for a Chevy Blazer and after my warranty expired blew the engine. Now that was a bad vehicle...

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I had an 89' ranger as my first truck. It had the 2.8L v6 which is known to be one of the worst engines ever made.

I wanted to put a 5.0 mustang engine in it, but got shut down. That was a fun vehicle.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I had the terrible Variable Venturi carburetor in my 85 Crown Vic. Thing will literally shake in the cold before it warmed up. I think that had the 351 Windsor in it. Ex cop car. 77 Impala with the 350. Both nickel & dimed me to death but would lean to the Impala as the better. 87 Dodge Charger was the best starter I ever owned. Cold or not would start up w/o pause.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
My old mechanic had a garage in his alley. Use to go over there all the time for car work and advice. Learning experience you can never really repay. Once my Impala wouldn't start and he said get a hammer and can't remember tap the starter or solenoid or whatever. Started right up LOL.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I put in 5w20 synthetic, but I can smell it starting to burn already. After 300 miles it's starting to get dark so whatever is going on there must be pretty bad. I'll have to keep changing the oil out till I have the time to look into it. It's difficult to have the time/energy with overnights and long hours. I'll put in 5w30 or something heavier after the next oil change.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
I put in 5w20 synthetic, but I can smell it starting to burn already. After 300 miles it's starting to get dark so whatever is going on there must be pretty bad. I'll have to keep changing the oil out till I have the time to look into it. It's difficult to have the time/energy with overnights and long hours. I'll put in 5w30 or something heavier after the next oil change.
I'd check the pcv valve or just replace it. Run castrol 5w30 dexos and nothing else for awhile (at least 3-4 changes) anytime switching oils your gonna have some hiccups. As long as the motors running good; top off when needed and change every 3-4k miles. Dark oil that quick could be a concern but mostly due to the 'detergents' in a synthetic oil 'cleaning' the internals. Stay consistent and if you are that curious, you can always have a sample of your oil sent out for analysis to see what contaminants are present, if any.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Ok all done. 97 camry, 255K, body is exceptional for the age, runs smooth. Switch insurance and work on the 98 Ranger in my spare time. Still have to change the oil after 1K because it burns so bad. Even with synthetic. Probably 13-15 mpg with the Ranger. Anyway, the antidote to $4/gallon.;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis