authorized dealers vs. non-authorized + MACK?

WooHoo

WooHoo

Audioholic
:)
JeffreyDJ said:
Two things, I'm not sure where you ordered, but my experience was fine.

Secondly, remember, a person is more likely to post negative comments then positive. (i.e. more likely to post if they had an issue than not).

I can PM you where I ordered mine, but don't want to post it publicly, lest I get accused of advertising for them :)

Thanks JeffreyDJ. I have not ordered from anyone so I cannot definitely say I would have a bad experience, but I am wondering whether I should. I would be happy to look at your seller if you would send me a PM.

I am trying not to lump all of these sellers into one big group of rip off artists and I realize people are more likely to tell you about their bad experiences than their good ones. Like I said, I am all for e-commerce. The company I am working for counts on it!

H

hillbill

Audioholic
If this makes you feel any better...

WooHoo said:
I've spent the entire weekend deciding whether or not to take a chance of buying a RX V2500 from an un-authorized dealer. Sub $700 pricing is really tempting. One site will not allow me to buy it at the $666 price. When I add it to the cart it automatically adds the Mack warranty!

I have no problem buying e-commerce if I believe I can trust that I will get my product, but I believe the majority of those sites are a big risk at best. Look at the feedback most of them get. 20% negative comments and they are "highly" rated by shopping.com, etc.?

A fool and his money are soon parted.

I just ordered a RX-V1500 from an un-authorized dealer over the net. My order was placed on Monday evening last week (Feb 21st) and it was delivered on Thursday morning (Feb 24th). It was discretely "double-boxed" and packaged well. I have had no problems what-so-ever. Unit was in perfect condition and plays wonderfully!! If you want to PM me I will tell you who I went with. And no I didn't not buy a Mack Warranty. My unit was
around $560. MSR Price for the 1500 is $799-$849. So you can see the savings that I had.

WooHoo

WooHoo

Audioholic
hillbill said:

I just ordered a RX-V1500 from an un-authorized dealer over the net. My order was placed on Monday evening last week (Feb 21st) and it was delivered on Thursday morning (Feb 24th). It was discretely "double-boxed" and packaged well. I have had no problems what-so-ever. Unit was in perfect condition and plays wonderfully!! If you want to PM me I will tell you who I went with. And no I didn't not buy a Mack Warranty. My unit was
around $560. MSR Price for the 1500 is $799-$849. So you can see the savings that I had.
Thanks. I placed an order last night. So far so good. I'll hope to have mine later this week. Supposing everything goes well, I'll stick with the company that delivers.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
I bought my $1200 Denon AVR3805 at an authorized reseller of remanufactured "B" stock receivers from the website and saved myself $360. It arrived without a scratch and working perfectly. I honestly feel sorry for those who had to pay retail for that unit. $100 difference? - I would have bought locally. $360, no way. If you trust the etailer, do it. If you haven't dealt with them before, beware. Read reviews. Return shipping isn't cheap, and your time is money. I picked up a pair of Polk RTi10's for $300 with a torn grill. They were floor models. Worked perfectly. I called Polk and told them about the grill and they sold me a new one for $21 shipped! Retail on those Polks are $1140. You can find deals locally if you shop for them and know of an audio dealer who unloads year old stuff cheap. Luckily for me, Circuit City does that here. Keep your eyes open, and you should never have to pay retail for anything. Here's some of the sites I go to daily to find deals for any of you bargain hunters....

www.shopzilla.com
www.cheapstingybastard.com
www.dealnews.com
www.ubid.com

M

MikeMA

Enthusiast
Buckeyefan 1 said:
I bought my $1200 Denon AVR3805 at an authorized reseller of remanufactured "B" stock receivers from the website and saved myself $360. It arrived without a scratch and working perfectly. QUOTE]

I am in the market for this unit...Was it Dakmart?

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
MikeMA said:
Buckeyefan 1 said:
I bought my $1200 Denon AVR3805 at an authorized reseller of remanufactured "B" stock receivers from the website and saved myself $360. It arrived without a scratch and working perfectly. QUOTE]

I am in the market for this unit...Was it Dakmart?

No, I bought mine from www.ubid.com but www.dakmart.com would have been my second choice. I found these sites from the Denon website of authorized retailers. Ubid's shipping was only $22, and you don't have to bid on receivers, the price is set. I think Ubid has the 3805 right now for $799 plus $22 shipping. It looks like they have 11 units at that price and the auction ends tomorrow at 8pm. Choose ground shipping, and it still comes in 2-3 days from a Fed-Ex truck.

www.ubid.com/cat/get_cat_page.asp?CatID=3871&PgNum=1

M

MikeMA

Enthusiast
Thanks Buckeyefan 1. The Tweeter in my area won't budge off of list price; except when I went in the first time they offered to throw in the microphone and take $50 off. For $360 cheaper and a (90 day) warranty, this is worth the risk.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis