AURO-3D Auriga AV Receiver Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
AURO is looking to bring more speakers to your home theater much like Dolby Atmos. Supporting up to 16 channels (13 amplified), the AURO-3D Auriga receiver is the only sporting AURO-3D's unique height and top speaker decoding. While we could find no Blu-ray movie discs that actually have AURO-3D encoding, AURO assures us that some are on the way. Auro promises their format isn't just about movies, but music as well. If you are going to drop $16,700 on the only receiver supporting AURO-3D decoding, we certainly hope so and look forward to hearing Auro in all its glory in the near future.

Read the Auro-3D Auriga AV Receiver Preview

G

GIEGAR

Full Audioholic
  • 16 audio channels (13 amplified channels plus 4 RCA lines)
There's an error in Auro's arithmetic there. From the Auriga Datasheet(.pdf), it appears it should be 16(13 + 3).

As always, thanks for the informative preview. :)

Edit: Wow! 200W(8Ω) X 13 all channels driven and all that processing in a 18" x 17" x 6" box! I can only assume some flavour of Class D amps (ICEpower?) are on-board. Either that, or some rampant specmanship/optimism is going on. ;)

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
The receiver is pretty cool, but I can't be the only one that noticed that admin is somehow a banned user. You guys are silly. :)

B

blcskate

Junior Audioholic
Price Ouch

Does Atmos have anything similar with upgrading content to play on all speakers? Lots of old content and it would be nice to hear it in a different manner. Gives you a reason to re-visit some old favorites.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The receiver is pretty cool, but I can't be the only one that noticed that admin is somehow a banned user. You guys are silly. :)
Yea that ADMIN guy was a real pest always posting links to Audioholics :) I updated his title.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis