P

perpetuo49

Audiophyte
Dear Audioholics;

I install the Audyssey in my Denon AVR-2113 for the first time. My first impressions are good with the front speaker and both back speakers. The sound are awesome, but the front speakers ( Wharfefdale Diamond 9.5 ) are "dead".
The sound are very low.
How can i solve this problem?
JP

L

llewop

Audiophyte
What are you rear speakers i've also wondered if you have bad rear speakers that audessy might actually balance out all speakers and make them all bad.
I have paradigm studio 100 front and cheap bipole surrounds. Try running audessy with just the fronts and see what results you get.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
I don't really have much experience with Audyssey, but this has been my problem with YPAO (yamaha equivalent). It does a pretty good job of evening out response, so much so that for movies and TV I use the YPAO curves, but it makes music sound very 'dead'

M

Miketuason

Audioholic Intern
I also have problem with my Audessy on my Integra 40.2 PrePro. Everytime I use the Audessy mic that came with the Integra, I always end up readjusting almost all the levels on all the speakers specially the sub woofer, they turn the bass level too low. Why is that?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I also have problem with my Audessy on my Integra 40.2 PrePro. Everytime I use the Audessy mic that came with the Integra, I always end up readjusting almost all the levels on all the speakers specially the sub woofer, they turn the bass level too low. Why is that?
It may be because Audyssey calibrates everything at a 85dB level. If you listen at significantly lower volumes (as many of us do - say 70dB), the bass will sound disproportionately muted and the same for treble (but not as exaggerated as the bass). This has to do with how we perceive sound. Audyssey came out with "dynamic EQ) which is intended to counteract this effect.
Easiest way to check this is to listen as loud as you feel comfortable with and see if the balance of sound has improved.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis