Audyssey Speaker Phase

T

TrevorZ

Audiophyte
I have a Denon AVR 2312 with Audyssey MultEQ XT.

After getting the speakers installed and running, I selected the 7.1 speaker configuration and went into the Audyssey setup. The test runs fine until it gets to my left rear speaker. It says "Caution Phase", but it doesn't tell me what that is or how to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trevor

GoFastr

GoFastr

Full Audioholic
Check and see if the wires are crossed.

Try swapping the positive (red) and negative (black) wires at either the speaker or amp/receiver. just swap one or the other not both. The wire should be red to red and black to black all the way in between the speaker and amp/receiver.

T

TrevorZ

Audiophyte
So the phase means electrical polarity.

I'll track the wires from receiver to speaker. I may have flipped them at some point during the ceiling installation.

Thanks

A

Adaboy

Enthusiast
Hi TrevorZ,

I just ran mine with the Denon 3312 ci and the first run said my Right front had the phase error so I switched the wires at the speaker and it fixed it. After the retry test it stated the (EDIT) LEFT front was out of Phase:confused:, So I switched it just like the other and I still got the same error. I knew the phasing was correct so I switched it back to the correct way (which was the way it was to begin with).

I just skipped that part. Any suggestions on this guy's or is this a fluke?

Thanks

Last edited:
H

Hocky

Full Audioholic
Hi TrevorZ,

I just ran mine with the Denon 3312 ci and the first run said my Right front had the phase error so I switched the wires at the speaker and it fixed it. After the retry test it stated the Right front was out of Phase:confused:, So I switched it just like the other and I still got the same error. I knew the phasing was correct so I switched it back to the correct way (which was the way it was to begin with).

I just skipped that part. Any suggestions on this guy's or is this a fluke?

Thanks
I think certain room interactions can make it think the speaker is out of phase even when it isn't. It always thinks my left front main is out, but it most certainly isn't.

A

Adaboy

Enthusiast
Sorry Hocky, I edited my last post to reflect my Left front is showing out of Phase.

With that said. I'm going to go back and double check my first connection on the right. Maybe it really was in Phase.

Ugh.... I'd rather these type problems than others.;)

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
If the phase is off for that channel the level setting should be off as well. Typically it will be elevated a good bit compared to the others.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis