R

RMK!

A lot of Audiosource AMP's have been showing up on ubid.com. Anyone have any take on these?

Ex. AudioSource Amp3 Home Stereo/Theatre Amplifier
150 watts x 2 (8 Ohm) RMS =$149

av-man

av-man

Audioholic
I've used the Audiosource Amp-one/a to power second zone speakers before Denon started using assignable amps. I probably sold 10 or 12 and only had one go bad in 5 years. Hope this helps.

Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
Let me put it this way. They're made by Phoenix Gold. One of the best damn amp makers in the car audio world.

They're ALSO made in conjunction with Carver amps.

Paul

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Best Buy sells two of their more recent 2 channel models. They range from 50 to 80 watts per channel at .2% thd, and run $190 and $380 each. They are very light, and are rated at a higher distortion level than what receivers are normally rated. If they took the measurements at .05% thd, you'd probably be seeing 25 to 45 watts per channel. The AMP100 only weighs 9 lbs! The AMP 200 is probably fine for powering your low end in a set of bi-amp style towers or a set of bookshelves in a second room. You can definitely find a higher quality 2-channel amp on ebay for the price if you don't mind buying used equipment. I'd pass on the AMP100. If Ubid's deal is similar to the AMP 200, it's not a bad buy, but you can do better IMO.

www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?navLevel=4&type=category&navHistory=cat00000+cat03000+cat03030&id=pcmcat44800050010

Last edited:
R

RMK!

Audiosource Amps

Thanks for the responses all. I have biamped my Denon 3805 and no longer need the additional amp (at least until I decide I do :D ).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis