Audiophile Fuses (HIFI Tuning)

M

Maverick123

Audiophyte
Do Audiophile Fuses really make a difference? I understand the theory but I've never tried them. I'm not sure I'm ready to consign them to the snake oil camp just yet but I'd like to know if the difference is measurable by REW , a multimeter and an oscilloscope. Could you make a video about this?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Do Audiophile Fuses really make a difference? I understand the theory but I've never tried them. I'm not sure I'm ready to consign them to the snake oil camp just yet but I'd like to know if the difference is measurable by REW , a multimeter and an oscilloscope. Could you make a video about this?
Im assuming you mean for speakers? No, don't bother.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You mean the idiotic "audiophile" fuses offered by Synergistic Research and Furutech and the like? Definite snake oil.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
OTOH everything SR and Furutech sell is based on snake oil. It's their thing.

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
What is the 'theory' that you understand? Because I've never understood how they supposedly make a difference.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
They’re a actually measured by your bank account. Xdollars divided by cost of fuses equals.....you guessed it!!! Zero value.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
What is the 'theory' that you understand? Because I've never understood how they supposedly make a difference.
You didn't? They break the circuit when rated current is exceeded or too long. ;)

Oh, you mean something beyond this? LOL

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Do Audiophile Fuses really make a difference? ...
Well, it is relative. To the seller, increased $$$ in pocket.
To audio, it protects the equipment.
Cost benefit to Audiophile fuse, nothing there.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Wow in all my audiophile? years I never even heard of these...

highfigh

highfigh

In the mid-'80s, I was hanging out with a couple of guys I worked with at a stereo store and at one point, I said we should gold plate some fuses, to make a lot of money. We then decided that nobody would be stupid enough to buy......we were wrong. Not more than a few months later, someone started selling them, but for car stereo main fuse applications.

Dammit, dammit, dammit!

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
In the mid-'80s, I was hanging out with a couple of guys I worked with at a stereo store and at one point, I said we should gold plate some fuses, to make a lot of money. We then decided that nobody would be stupid enough to buy......we were wrong. Not more than a few months later, someone started selling them, but for car stereo main fuse applications.

Dammit, dammit, dammit!
That's a popular topic at work, how we can separate audiophools from their money. Sadly, I could never be that kind of a shill selling such bullshit.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm wondering what OPs motives were in posting this, tho :)

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
One doesn't need REW, a multimeter, an oscilloscope, nor a video to determine if a fuse is blown.

If the fuse is not blown, the speaker will sound and measure no different than if no fuse were used.

(By the way, REW is meant to identify and supress standing waves in bass frequencies caused by room reflections. It isn't up to the job of accurately measuring a speaker's performance.)

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Now that IS funny!
It is. On a couple of levels. These reviewers who talk about their "cable cookers" to break their cables in don't know their heads from their asses. Everyone knows the best way is to hire a private chef to do it for you. Using a cable cooker to break your cables in is like using a microwave to make filet mignon!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis