M

miklorsmith

Full Audioholic
I think we should have a section which is friendly to, and directed at audiophiles who are trying tweaks, equipment combinations, power conditioning, etc.

This section should be devoted to positive sharing of experience and exclusive of people demanding proof by DBT. This could even be a disclaimer at the beginning: "no tests were performed and Audioholics is not responsible for any outlandish/untested/untrue claims represented here."

The staff should even chime in where necessary when doubters throw in their "Tested?" criticisms which are rampant everywhere else here. Nobody tests audible properties adequately and if they are the basis for discussion, the threads will be pretty quiet.

Hey, everywhere else the same unrequitted demands are the rule of the day, even though the answer is invariably "no testing done". There should be just one safe place to have discussions within the non-testing crowd.

We could even call it "Subjectivists Unite!"

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
Well...

...there already is such a place...it's called Audio Asylum...and to a lesser degree(nowadays) Audio Review...I hope the AH folks aren't upset at the mention of the "competition"...

Why over at AA some folks seem to think they can hear the difference of the color of wire sheathing...that's pretty tweaky IMO...

Over at AR there is a separate holding pen for the more "objective" of participants...and the moderators constantly "chime-in" and move or delete posts that don't provide a warm and cushy atmosphere for the "tweakier" folks...although things may be getting a trifle "looser" in that regard...

jimHJJ(...just an observation...)

Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
Here at Audioholics the motto is "Pursuing the TRUTH in audio and video." and "Where audio and video equipment undergoes rigorous objective and subjective tests by our staff, ensuring that marketing slogans aren't the only guidelines for your home theater choices."

Paul

Edited for my atrocious spelling.

Last edited:
M

miklorsmith

Full Audioholic
I see. Right on.

You should probably try to spell your motto correctly.

Never mind, I'm leaving you.

Cya.

Last edited:
goodman

goodman

Full Audioholic
miklorsmith said:
Never mind, I'm leaving you. Cya.
I hope you will reconsider, because you are obviously a thoughtful and intelligent person who makes interesting contributions. Also, I think you and your "tweak" concept are a good fit under "Philosophers and Wisemen".

keitfoster

Audiophyte
comparison

Hello,

Please tell me if can which studio monitors are better

BEHRINGER truth B2031

or

ALESIS M1 active MK2

Thanks!!!!

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
keitfoster said:
Hello,

Please tell me if can which studio monitors are better

BEHRINGER truth B2031

or

ALESIS M1 active MK2

Thanks!!!!
.....Keitfoster, welcome to Audioholics....you would probably get an answer more quickly to your question-of-comparison, by placing it on the "LOUDSPEAKERS AND SUBWOOFERS" forum as a "new" thread......

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
I'm not sure what shocks me most:

1) miklorsmith leaving us...again :rolleyes: (dude, you knew what the responses would be before you posted, don't get all huffy)
2) mulester7 with a coherent post :confused:

oh, it's got to be

3) mulester7 helping someone else be understood.

My whole world is crumbling around me. :D

Oh, yeah, so I contribute, never heard either speaker so I have to suggest mine. :p

M

miklorsmith

Full Audioholic
Not me

I'm not leaving again. I've spent my one dramatic exit already. These flailing gestures are effective and dramatic only if the prima donna doesn't come back under the cover of darkness. Was he ever gone? Maybe a figment.

People who repeatedly and dramatically storm out of rooms are generally ignored. I resemble that remark! See? Tree falling in the forest.

This is a resuscitation of the first and only stormy huff. Don't worry, I'm keeping my eye on you. And, Mulester, excellent advice. And, I agree with both of you, mrnomas is a funny cat.

Last edited:
mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
miklorsmith said:
I'm not leaving again. I've spent my one dramatic exit already. These flailing gestures are effective and dramatic only if the prima donna doesn't come back under the cover of darkness. Was he ever gone? Maybe a figment.

People who repeatedly and dramatically storm out of rooms are generally ignored. I resemble that remark! See? Tree falling in the forest.

This is a resuscitation of the first and only stormy huff. Don't worry, I'm keeping my eye on you. And, Mulester, excellent advice. And, I agree with both of you, mrnomas is a funny cat.
.....you're a mighty good man, MiklorSmith, and among friends.....

miklorsmith said:
There should be just one safe place to have discussions within the non-testing crowd.

We could even call it "Subjectivists Unite!"
We're not opposed to it, though I generally create new forums out of need, rather than out of desire. One problem is that you simply cannot keep people out who would turn every thread into a big "Nyah, prove it!" statement.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

The idea is not without merit, but there are already myriad other websites and forums dedicated to the flakier side of audio. I'm with Clint on this one- I don't really see the need. An individual thread posted occasionally will suffice.

Besides, you can always just tell Chris and Mtrycrafts to shut up! :p

M

miklorsmith

Full Audioholic
Yes

I actually disagree with myself here. It wasn't a great idea. People seeking that advice and information gather elsewhere. I posit "Subjectivists Unite" would be a cold and dusty place.

And yes, there are some pretty flaky watering holes. I've sampled that brew too. The surprising thing isn't the taste, but how much there is.

Somewhere between Einstein and Warhol. . .

K

KMoses

Audiophyte
Nothing to tell.....

I like reading reviews and comparing stat's on various equipment....Looking for some old JBL speakers and have some equipment i need to get rid of.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
That's cool. I like to make completely off-topic posts in really old threads.
I didn't even realize I was reading an old thread until the last post. And just as well I passed KMoses' post without reading it and read yours, then read his, then I LOL'd.:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I didn't even realize I was reading an old thread until the last post.
I was about halfway through myself before I realized! I thought, "Wow, Mulester is posting again? Cool." Then I saw one of the dates.

T

tinidus

Audioholic Intern
Electro Voice 30w 30" sub woofer

Hello Gentlemen,
I am a novice. Sorry I do not know how to navigate. I have an idea and need help with it. Could you who appear to be top dogs help me with it. I will try to learn how to post a thread or line about it later when I learn.
The question is this, I got my hands on for now one Electro Voice 30w. Just the huge speaker itself. I will need to build a cab for it. This speaker is huge. Do any of you have any experience with the EV 30w or could you point me in a direction for great ideas. I have thought about mounting it on my garage door and using the whole world as a speaker box since it is so big. Just kidding.
Thanks

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
It always comes back. The topic is just so enticing.:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis