Audiophile advice needed.....please :)

Yohansen

Yohansen

Audioholic
Hello,
I have an audio set up of:
Polk RTI-A7 Speakers and a Yamaha RXV485 receiver and the sound after burning in and different placements sounds like the instruments are not separated nicely from each other acoustically and is kind of confused.

I don’t know where is the problem?
I have set everything to stereo or pcm format and other enhancements.
Do I need an actual integrated amplifier for these speakers that are power hungry.

Thank you in advance
Yannis

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
In general, when SQ isn’t great, it’s usually either something is wrong with the setup or the speakers themselves.

How loud and how far from speakers do you listen?

Most of the time, the electronics themselves aren’t the problem, unless the settings are optimized.

What is your source? BD player? Is it set to Bitstream or PCM?

What YPAO mode? Through or Manual or Flat or Natural?

What DSP mode? Straight or another mode?

Yohansen

Yohansen

Audioholic
Thank you Jedi,
Usually I listen from an external hard drive .flac format and set the audio at the blu Ray at pcm or bitstream. Bitstream sound better or is it me?
The YPAO Mode, I set it at GEQ but I have tried the PEQ also with the setting up the cable to my receiver. I have disable the extra bass, enhancement, sub is off and everything set to 2 ch stereo with PCM. Maybe bitstream is better?
I have DSP Parameter to odd. Sometimes I set it to direct and it enhances everything. I am trying to find the best combinations for two Chanel stereo and should I use optical that I am using now or hdmi cables?

I listen from 7 feet away and the speakers are ten feet apart. The two speakers have an inward curve up to 30 degrees looking at me.

Thank you

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis