S

Speakerlust

Audiophyte
The purpose of this thread is to warn other people who may innocently stumble upon the audiokarma website.

It is the worst site that I have ever been too. The members are great people, but the staff are a bunch of complete morons. Save yourself and stay here where the people are kind, and the staff are actually capable of functioning as staff. I have been a professional for over 25 years and have owned 5 businesses, so I know what good public relations are, but the staff at audiokarma lack all kindness and courtesy. Go and look and you'll see hundreds of rude comments from staff to innocent paying members. You'll see average questions from really great people, then moderators come in and post rude comments. I really don't understand, especially as they are starving and begging for money right now like the Salvation Army. I do want to be clear that I like the folks that are members, they are like me, average folks, but the staff sucks and they are infantile control freaks that have yet to elevate themselves above adolescence enough to act like anything more than children. I feel sorry for all of the members at audiokarma. If you read at the site, you'll see so many great threads started by me and with so many good responses by other members, then you'll see the rude staff come in and squash all of the fun. Stay here and become registered members like myself and enjoy a great website where we can build an even better community.

Speakerlust

majorloser

majorloser

Forum Business

Though I do appreciate the compliments and eager support for Audioholics, I have personally never seen or had a bad experience with Audiokarma. They have always been a great source for information on classic audio gear. They also have a large group of McIntosh owners with great support knowledge.

Audioholics has many very good contributing members that are also members of Audiokarma. We understand that there are other good sources of information out there.

But we do ask that the business and affairs from the other forums stay there.
Failure to do so will result in loss of Audioholics forum membership.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i tried to be a member ... emailed the admin saying I'm a real guy and posted all my usernames across all the forums (because I didn't have a "non-free" email add)

something like I need to pay some money for processing. hmmm.

after that I remembered I had a company email add ... but finally decided it was not worth the trouble.

sorry major, if my post is inappropriate, just delete it.

S

Speakerlust

Audiophyte
Though I do appreciate the compliments and eager support for Audioholics, I have personally never seen or had a bad experience with Audiokarma. They have always been a great source for information on classic audio gear. They also have a large group of McIntosh owners with great support knowledge.

Audioholics has many very good contributing members that are also members of Audiokarma. We understand that there are other good sources of information out there.

But we do ask that the business and affairs from the other forums stay there.
Failure to do so will result in loss of Audioholics forum membership.
Thanks for the heads up, I posted over 1,500 times there and my troubles were clearly of a staff origin. I hear that we do not speak ill of other organizations here, and I understand if you need to nuke my thread and my membership. No hard feelings here if you do both, in fact, if you take their side, then nuke me .......

Last edited:
S

Speakerlust

Audiophyte
Actually, I'll nuke myself ... OUCH !!! ....

I'm gone ...... :D

Last edited:
mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
nice sig markw.

I guess that's that. maybe this thread should be deleted. :)

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
That seems to be a pretty short fuse he's working with.

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
Is this it? I thought this is going to be a long thread. Ahh, well might as well post something before it is closed. Short fuse doesn't work well here i believe. I always pride myself as being part of this community who "mostly" use more reasoning than temper.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

I don't have a lot of posts at AK but I've found the site to be friendly and well run. I've also never had to pay to register or post.

Speakerlust, it's not about "taking sides" against you; it's that AH has a longstanding rule against "dirty laundry." We don't want to get dragged into mudslinging that will make all involved look bad. So don't feel singled out. There's no need to leave with hard feelings.

I think he's kidding about leaving - note the big grinning smiley. I do appreciate the alternate forum-bashing be kept out of here.

A very wise man once said "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Words to live by (he said some other things that are even more impressive)

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
All the forums have their good & bad points,im a member at Audiokarma & its an ok site to fool around but for my tastes there is too much sillyness going on,Audioholics is a better site all around.

Im not bashing AK cause its a cool site but if i want real info i come here.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

The main reason I don't spend more time at AK is that they're really focused on vintage gear. I don't have a problem with it, I'm just not real interested in kabuki speakers an 70's Japanese hi power receivers. The community is great, with lots of friendly, helpful people. It's neat place and I always pop in once a week or so just to say hi.

R

redrooster

Audiophyte
I have had a lot of bad experiences there just as the poster has described, there are a lot of good people at AK all the same. That's the only reason I have stayed there for 16 years but my patience is running very thin at the moment, some of the moderators are horrible, they have little cliques around them who will back them up when attacking a lone member. I'm having a hassle with a mod there now as we speak. lol

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis