L

lonarkesa

Audiophyte
Hi, I have the following audio setup:
Marantz PM4001N receiver/amplifier Qacoustics 1020 standing speakers
Been using them for 15 years and using them as family TV/HTPC speakers using a HDMI extractor. (Receiver does not support HDMI) and speakers use raw wire.
What would be a good way to upgrade them or if throwing them away is the only alternative, what would be a better lighter footprint setup? Considering a soundbar but it seems such a waste to throw them away
Thanks!

L

lonarkesa

Audiophyte
Been using them for 15 years and using them as family TV/HTPC speakers using a HDMI extractor. (Receiver does not support https://19216811.cam/ HDMI) and speakers use raw wire.
What would be a good way to upgrade them or if throwing them away is the only alternative, what would be a better lighter footprint setup? Considering a soundbar but it seems such a waste to throw them away
Thanks!
I got this,..

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Been using them for 15 years and using them as family TV/HTPC speakers using a HDMI extractor. (Receiver does not support HDMI) and speakers use raw wire.
Thanks!
Depends on whether you want to stick with a 2-channel setup or change to surround. If you went with a newer surround receiver you could use the 1020s for rear channels and get 3 new speakers for up front. If that's too big an expense, then upgrade the speakers. The 1020 is considered a budget speaker and there are plenty of good bookshelf speakers out there to consider. If you supply a budget and what country you're in members can make some recommendations.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis