Audio Not In Sync With Video

R

richardp

Audiophyte
I have a HLP5063WX Samsung DLP TV and it is connected to a STR997 Sony receiver. This receiver upconverts everything to componant output to the TV. The audio and video are not in sync. The problem seems to be the worst when watching cable through a Motorola HD cable box. We have it hooked up in a 5.1 speaker configuration at this time. The room is about 15' by 15'. Thanks for any input.

R

Ragtop

Audioholic Intern
I have nearly the same issue. I only experince it with HD channels. Not sure of my actual box manufacturer but I have DirecTV. I get the same problem whether I am watching channels off the dish or the local channel off air antenna. I seriously doubt it is anything with you TV or reciever.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Ragtop said:
I have nearly the same issue. I only experince it with HD channels. Not sure of my actual box manufacturer but I have DirecTV. I get the same problem whether I am watching channels off the dish or the local channel off air antenna. I seriously doubt it is anything with you TV or reciever.
It's not. This is a common problem with the new video technology. My Denon 3805 has a correction for this "off sync" audio. It's described as an "Audio Delay adjustment to match audio signals with video signals (0-200ms)". Audio mfg's caught on real quick to this issue. Unfortunately, neither of your units offer the correction. You can put the receivers on ebay and upgrade while they are still worth some cash if the audio delay is that bad.

R

Ragtop

Audioholic Intern
Doh! I am not quite ready to upgrade yet. I guess HD will just be a little out of sync. I really only notice it when people are talking on screen and since i watcha lot of sports it's not a big enough deal just yet.

Thanks for the knowledge.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis