fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
kinda bummed - to find out that APPLE TV4K and the LG GX77 dont play so nice together???

I had intentionally wired ethernet just to the ATV4K and NOT the TV and now I see that the quality of the Apple tv is not so good with net streaming like YOU TUBE TV and Netflix!

Also if I goto settings on the Apple TV under Audio - it only shows Audio - Internal Speakers and NOT the Denon!

If I go the LG streaming route I only have wifi thru google mesh! Not cool

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
The TV speakers setting is normal for the Apple TV 4K but is a bit confusing for sure. It simply means sending the audio to the device connected via HDMI as opposed to an Airplay device. What is not good about the quality from Netflix and YouTube? Though 4K HDR @60fps is clipped on YouTube, it shouldn't look bad. Can you not get an ethernet cable to the TV?

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
The TV speakers setting is normal for the Apple TV 4K but is a bit confusing for sure. It simply means sending the audio to the device connected via HDMI as opposed to an Airplay device. What is not good about the quality from Netflix and YouTube? Though 4K HDR @60fps is clipped on YouTube, it shouldn't look bad. Can you not get an ethernet cable to the TV?

You Tube TV looks bad thru ATV4k thru Ethernet - not clear at all - I tested the LG You Tube TV thru Wifi and it actually looks better! Weird really

like an ass I only wired ethernet to the ATV4K thru the closed off wall - no way to add it now to the wall :( to the LG GX!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
You Tube TV looks bad thru ATV4k thru Ethernet - not clear at all - I tested the LG You Tube TV thru Wifi and it actually looks better! Weird really

like an ass I only wired ethernet to the ATV4K thru the closed off wall - no way to add it now to the wall :( to the LG GX!
Get a switch. Both are now wired.

The ATV 4k shouldn't be worse than the TV, they really should be the same unless the settings on the ATV are somehow wrong.

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
Get a switch. Both are now wired.

The ATV 4k shouldn't be worse than the TV, they really should be the same unless the settings on the ATV are somehow wrong.

Switch??

On the ATV I have Dolby Vision enabled and Match Content and frame rate enabled

What else can be wrong??

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
See the picture here showing the bottom ethernet cable coming out of the wall to the ATV4K

Nothing else to do to wire ethernet to TV
IMG_5465.jpeg

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
So I guess my question would be will wifi be enough to stream 4K content thru LG GX??

I would hate to cut up that wall and drag another cat 5 from upstairs! IT WOULD BE A HUGE PROJECT AND MESS

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
How will that help me in my situation?

The Cat 5 is below the LG coming out of the wall and no other place I can snake the cable to LG
The cable coming out of the wall would plug into the switch. So, then you'd have 4 ports available for TV or Apple TV or whatever.

Settings wise on the ATV, sorry, not sure, but I'd be sure to leave everything to Auto and go. If things still look weird I'd consider testing on another TV, changing the HDMI cable, and if all else fails, a factory reset.

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
The cable coming out of the wall would plug into the switch. So, then you'd have 4 ports available for TV or Apple TV or whatever.

Settings wise on the ATV, sorry, not sure, but I'd be sure to leave everything to Auto and go. If things still look weird I'd consider testing on another TV, changing the HDMI cable, and if all else fails, a factory reset.
ok But did you see my image above? A switch wont help here because I cant get the cable up to the LG without cutting sheetrock!

Also I have a switch upstairs on the same network so I dont think 2 switches would work anyway

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
ok But did you see my image above? A switch wont help here because I cant get the cable up to the LG without cutting sheetrock!

Also I have a switch upstairs on the same network so I dont think 2 switches would work anyway
Dude. I have a main switch that has cables running all over my house. I've got a switch at EVERY wall plate where I ran a cable. I'm an idiot and didn't think my setup all the way through, but they get the job done and are cheap. I've used the exact ones @NINaudio linked and all you'll need to do is get a switch. Take your RJ45 wall plate, plug a cable into it. Plug that same cable into port 1 of your switch. and stick the switch to the back of the TV so you can plug in other stuff. ATV can be stuck to the back as well.

Trust me. Your issue is way easier to solve than you think. No more drywall cutting I promise.

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
Dude. I have a main switch that has cables running all over my house. I've got a switch at EVERY wall plate where I ran a cable. I'm an idiot and didn't think my setup all the way through, but they get the job done and are cheap. I've used the exact ones @NINaudio linked and all you'll need to do is get a switch. Take your RJ45 wall plate, plug a cable into it. Plug that same cable into port 1 of your switch. and stick the switch to the back of the TV so you can plug in other stuff. ATV can be stuck to the back as well.

Trust me. Your issue is way easier to solve than you think. No more drywall cutting I promise.

Thanks for the input but again I dont see how this is physically possible given the outlet hole is lower and the TV is already mounted with no access to run the Cat 5 up to the LG from the proposed switch

Excuse my ignorance!
(not trying to be difficult, just hoping for the solution) while keeping things uncut - see finished image!

Attachments

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks for the input but again I dont see how this is physically possible given the outlet hole is lower and the TV is already mounted with no access to run the Cat 5 up to the LG from the proposed switch

Excuse my ignorance!
(not trying to be difficult, just hoping for the solution) while keeping things uncut - see finished image!
Ah. NOW I get it. Am I mistaken in thinking the recessed box with the outlet also has cables running to it? Is there no way to get your cat5 to the lower part of the box the fish it to the TV?

Sorry, it's hard to get all the details from pics like that, and if you explained it and I missed it. My bad.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Nice room! You could try fishing an ethernet cable attached to a wire hanger from inside the lower right recessed box up the wall to the TV. You may need new plates above and below.The incoming ethernet cable, which I assume comes from a router in another room, can be connected to a switcher and the switcher can feed ethernet cables to the Apple TV 4K, Denon, TV and any other devices in the setup. Can't help with YouTube TV and the Apple TV 4K. Apple and Google will have to start playing nice with codecs for that issue.

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
Nice room! You could try fishing an ethernet cable attached to a wire hanger from inside the lower right recessed box up the wall to the TV. You may need new plates above and below.The incoming ethernet cable, which I assume comes from a router in another room, can be connected to a switcher and the switcher can feed ethernet cables to the Apple TV 4K, Denon, TV and any other devices in the setup. Can't help with YouTube TV and the Apple TV 4K. Apple and Google will have to start playing nice with codecs for that issue.
Thanks guys for the input

I hope I don’t need to go this route and maybe the WiFi signal will hold up with streaming?!

Ether wise I’ll need to start fishing!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis