Attention Military members! Good deal!

A

AFJumper03

Junior Audioholic
I was just browsing the AAFES web page and lo-and behold they are now selling the Yamaha 2600, among some of their other decent A/V products. The price is only OK, 999.99 but no sales tax or shipping makes it sweeter. I just email Yamaha to find out if it is an authorized dealer (so the warranty will be valid). I'll make another post when they reply, but it should be. I never really thought the BX would be a good place to buy high end audio but they have some decent products on there, Yam, Pioneer, Denon, JBL.

warhummer

warhummer

Junior Audioholic
even more

You might also be able to snag some models that aren't listed as well. Denon participates in the special order program. Not sure about the other brands, though.

R

riceaterslc

Audioholic
wow, good to know! the PX here on leonard wood is horrible, i didn't even know they sold name brand electronics with the exception of televisions.

A

AFJumper03

Junior Audioholic
Got a reply from Yami

They said that the BX is an authorized dealer, so the warrenty is valid. Buy away!

A

aggielaw

Audiophyte
The PX/BX has beatable prices on most electronics. About 8 years ago AAFES carried Klipsch speakers, and you could buy the better models for about the price they went for USED. It was a tremendous deal. I don't think they carry Klipsch anymore, though.

I inquired a few years ago about the Denon AVR-5800, and the price was beatable, but probably not from an authorized dealer. I did buy my CDR-1500 from AAFES though, for a great price. :)

Just think of the deals we could get if the idiots in Congress would allow AAFES to carry foreign-made stuff, too! :|

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis