"Attack of the Clones" DVD Review w/screenshots

M

mikenyc

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>here's more news courtesy of imdb.com...

&quot;Twentieth Century Fox and Toronto-based IMAX are teaming up to present a giant-screen version of Star Wars: Episode 2 -- Attack of the Clones at more than 70 Imax theaters beginning Nov. 1. The reformatting will employ a new frame-by-frame conversion process developed by Imax called DMR, the same technology that was recently used to make an Imax transfer of Apollo 13, which opens on Sept. 20 in 22 of the giant-screen theaters. Disney has developed its own proprietary technology for converting films to Imax that it used for Fantasia 2000 and will be using again for an Imax version of The Lion King and its upcoming Treasure Planet later this year. &quot;</font>

<font color='#000000'>I saw Star Wars Episode 1 on IMAX here at a local theatre. They had transferred the film to the IMAX format resulting in a increased size film presentation, something that will be a bit easier this time around due to the digital source material. It was a larger picture, but of course not wrap-around due to aspect ration constraints.

The overall experience was very pleasing, especially with the IMAX sound system which produced an almost overpowering array of sound coming from the picture.</font>

<font color='#000000'><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ladies and Gentlemen, if you don't think Hayden Christiansen is poised on the verge of major stardom, think again. Perhaps you weren't fully focused on his performance in this film. That's Ok. I mean, there's a lot going on, and Star Wars films aren't the types of movies you sit back and pick apart the acting. If you do that, you'll miss the point entirely. </td></tr></table>

Hahaha... This is from the lightsoutentertainment.com review. I have to say, I think that Hayden's carreer will more likely go the way of Mark Hamill. I was not impressed by him, although I credit him with having the difficulty of having to act out a lucas-dialogue-driven script - and that can give anybody a run for their money. &nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mikenyc

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I guess these actors...if they don't have ability,a trackrecord, a strong screen identity before you work for him...have to think really hard, about being in a Lucas film.

There are advantages to one's career...see Harrison Ford, Richard Dreyfeuss...but it could be the &quot;kiss of death&quot;, too, to one's career, as it was to Hammill's.

Is it a jinx ?</font>

<font color='#000000'>Well, I guess we have to say that Ewen McGegor and Harrison Ford (as you mentioned) prove that good actors can overcome just about any bad writing...

All acting comments aside, I really DID enjoy the movie and think that Episode 2 is now my second favorite Star Wars movie, next to Empire Strikes Back.</font>

M

mikenyc

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Here's more tidbits about the movie from digitalbits.com about deleted scenes on the DVD of AOTC...

&quot;And you Star Wars fans will be pleased to know that the preview trailer for the Episode II DVD is now online at IGN (the Windows Media Viewer is required). Based on the trailer, we've identified at least five of the eight deleted scenes that will be included on Disc Two of the set. These include Anakin and Padme on trial on Geonosis, Padme addressing the Senate, Obi-Wan visiting the Jedi temple analysis room, Mace Windu and Obi-Wan discussing Anakin on the starfighter platform and at least some of Anakin and Padme in her family home on Naboo. I would guess the remaining three scenes include more of Padme's family (there was a brief dinner scene) and the cut action scenes of the Jedi assault on the droid control ships during the last battle. We'll post more when we can confirm it. Let's all hope there wasn't a deleted *NSync musical number... ;-)&quot;</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis