B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
I pay for the ultraHD in Netflix but for some reason shows that should be in Atmos are only in 5.1? I called Netflix they said if I select 5.1 it defaults to Atmos even though my Atmos sound bar doesn’t show it. So I put Netflix on my home theater using a 4K Blu-ray player and still it does not give me a atmos option. Is Netflix feeding me a line of BS?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Iirc it’s like Vudu. You need a 4K display otherwise it won’t unlock the Atmos version.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Iirc it’s like Vudu. You need a 4K display otherwise it won’t unlock the Atmos version.
Yes, you seem to have to have the device with the right Netflix Atmos amp. I can only get this Neflix app to work from my 4K TV vai audio return. My 4K HTPC and BD gets the same results you are getting, but audio return does the trick.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yes, you seem to have to have the device with the right Netflix Atmos amp. I can only get this Neflix app to work from my 4K TV vai audio return. My 4K HTPC and BD gets the same results you are getting, but audio return does the trick.
I think maybe you meant to quote the op? But still, I don’t have a 4K display, and found out later, after buying hardware, and the premium service that I’m outta luck.
Also, iirc ARC sends back a lossless version. Happy to be wrong, but that sticks out to me.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
my Atmos sound bar
Your what? Atmos sound BAR? :D

You mean a single bar (speaker) can produce all the Atmos sound effects from above your head and all around you?

First, even if you had the BEST Atmos system in the world, MOST of the Netflix so-called "ATMOS" contents will sound like it's NOT Atmos - like it's FAKE-MOS, not Atmos. :D

So far the only Netflix Atmos content I have seen (although I have not seen every Netflix content) that is actually great is the Space Sci-Fi series called "Another Life". It actually has one of the best Atmos effects around. I think the other one was Daredevil season 2. But it seems like 99% of the so-called Atmos contents on Netflix has been FAKE-MOS to me. :D

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
I know a sound bar does not give you real Atmos but it does sound a lot better than the tiny speaker my tv has and when you play a atmos movie it alt least recognizes it. My home theater is 4K projector and 4K marantz receiver And 4K Blu-ray. So you would think a atmos show on Netflix would say it’s in atmos?

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
Bought a amazon cube yesterday which supports Atmos on Netflix. Netflix Atmos is not supported by the Amazon 4K fire stick. This makes zero sense

T

Tachead7075

Audioholic
Bought a amazon cube yesterday which supports Atmos on Netflix. Netflix Atmos is not supported by the Amazon 4K fire stick. This makes zero sense
How's it work so far? Have you compared any titles to Blu-ray?

And yes, I agree it makes no sense(especially since the FS 4K can play Prime Atmos content just fine).

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
How's it work so far? Have you compared any titles to Blu-ray?

And yes, I agree it makes no sense(especially since the FS 4K can play Prime Atmos content just fine).
The Amazon cube works good but I haven’t compared any Blu-ray’s yet. So I got Atmos on Netflix but not on Amazon prime (Jack Ryan ) Amazon tech support said they will get back to me within 2 days it’s been well over 2 weeks ago still no word

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis