Atmos setup with funky room.

W

Wabbit

Junior Audioholic
Moved in a new home with a bonus room. I thought it was a funky layout, but as I configured it, it nicely fits a 75" screen. I'm concerned about the atmos overheads. They will aim the listening position, but are not in the typical flat ceiling configuration. Is this good or bad? They're not installed yet, so I don't know how it'll sound.

Regarding the room itself, I tend to think bass bass traps in the rear corners might be wise? Obviously, this ain't no rectangle. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I may be installing a sliding "barn door" to the entry as there is no current door. It will be a challenge to make that conceal as much theater noise as possible.

Attachments

sven1olaf

sven1olaf

Audioholic
Quick question, what software are you using to make these images... They are fantastic!

W

Wabbit

Junior Audioholic
3DS Max. When not modeling my AV room, I'm making movies. Hopefully I'll be able to watch them again soon.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Yes, that is an interesting ceiling.
Is that 19.5 ft the total length of the room or just to the listening position?
I don't think the angles those speakers would be is ideal. Perhaps someone who has a similar setup can comment.

I'd suggest running supports parallel to the floor either front to back or width wise and mount it where the speakers should be.
Or, hang the atmos speakers from the ceiling where that need to be.

W

Wabbit

Junior Audioholic
Decided the front overheads will sit on the flat top portion and the rear overheads on the slope as depicted. It more aligns with the recommended layout. I didn't want the overheads to become front heights. I'll let the AVR figure out the timing differences. The second sub will take front stage corner loading with it's sibling. Going to hang 3 2" Owen Corning 705 sheets on the rear slope. The room is a little springy if you clap your hands in it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis