Atlantic Technology 1400 SR-z Height Speakers

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Dolby ProLogic IIz is a brand new DSP. It has only recently started showing up on home theater receivers. The Onkyo TX-SR607 has only started hitting store shelves and already Atlantic Technology had a speaker optimized for th PLIIz processing. The 1400 SR-z is a selectable dipole/bipole speaker with a compact size and shallow profile. At just over a foot wide, less than half a foot deep, and 8" tall, they are definitely compact. They are only 7lbs each so hanging them shouldn't be much of a problem.

Discuss "Atlantic Technology 1400 SR-z Height Speakers" here. Read the article.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I am waiting for a bathroom channel so that when you must take a much needed break, you won't miss the action while you do your business. 11.1 seems pretty cool but I think 12.1 would be even better :D

J

jtreibick

Audiophyte
This speaker was developed as a Dipole surround for Atlantics entry level system 1400. Since height (aka prescence) speakers need not be nice to do their job well, this entry-level surround is smartly marketed as such.

I am waiting for a bathroom channel so that when you must take a much needed break, you won't miss the action while you do your business. 11.1 seems pretty cool but I think 12.1 would be even better
I've done that :D. If all channels are being used, take the mixed-down 'Tape Out' and feed it to a cheap external power amp. If you have a wet bar or a seating area near you can do the same.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis