Athena's customer service

R

Randos

Audioholic Intern
I recently bought my first HT setup based on my research (done primarily here at ah.com). I first wanted to thank the very helpful people here at this site. I also feel I owe it to Athena to post how pleased I am with them. The system I bought (on the most minimal of college budgets) was:
HK AVR 230 / HSU STF-2 / Athena AS-B2s (fronts) / Athena AS-C1 / Athena AS-R1s (surrounds)
I am more than pleased with the system and the music / movies NEVER stop when I am home now. However, when showing off my new system to some friends (we all do it) one of my friends removed the front grill on the AS-C1 and somehow managed to break it. Being that these speakers were no more than one month old (a nice Christmas present to myself) I thought I could go back to Abesofmaine (where I got them) and get a new grill under warranty. Not only was my ordering a complete fiasco, they have the worst technical support I have ever had to endure. After a two weeks of phone calls and emails I finally got the response that the speakers only had a 7 day warranty and I would need to speak to Athena. I emailed Athena at around 8 pm that night asking where I may purchase a new grill. I received an email no later than 1 pm the next day from one of the VPs at Athena stating that though grill's are not usually covered by warranty that they would provide me one at no charge and required my shipping address. Under one week later my grill has arrived and needless to say I am one happy customer. Just thought I'd share my experiences with everyone.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Well, that's a good and reassuring sign of quality. A company that stands behind its products and customers isn't always easy to find these days. Glad to hear you're enjoying your new system.

H

hopjohn

Full Audioholic
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm always happy to hear of a company going a little above and beyond to make someone happy. Happy listening.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

I'm glad to see they did right by you. Now I can add "great customer service" to their impressive list of awards, reviews and accomplishments.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis