Athena Micra 6 Vs Energy Encore??

H

Heckler31

Audiophyte
Ok I narrowed it down to these two surround packages and am leaning towards the Athenas any reason not to over the Energies? My room is small and the speakers will be powered by a Yamaha HTR5760. I can save around 500.00 if I go with the well rated Athenas over the energy. Will I notice much in the way of sound difference between the two?

R

Reggie Died

Audioholic Intern
Are you referring to that Futureshop package deal? If so, then my post really doesn't contribute much.

If not, then you should definatly check it out. HTR 5760B (black, not silver) plus the Athena Micra 6 speaker package for $850.00 CDN.

I purchased the HTR5760S by itself for $600 CDN after taxes. Even if the Energy system is superiour (which, IMO, it is), it's hard to pass it up for a mere $250.

If it suits your room size, i'd say go for it. You can always upgrade piece by piece later on.

Also, this system was reviewed by none other than Steve DellaSala here -> http://www.audioholics.com/productreviews/loudspeakers/AthenaTechnologiesMicra6p1.html

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
I would spend the $500. You will always wish you spent the extra money, even though you won't know the difference. You will have the feeling of having second best. I get a proud feeling knowing I went for a higher-end model. So, if you have the money, spring for the Energy set.

W

warpdrive

Full Audioholic
The Athenas are about two or three leagues worse than the Encores. The Encore are Energy's high end satellites, the Athenas are cheapest thing Athena makes. Energy is the higher end brother brand compared to Athena.

If you don't want to upgrade in the future, the Encores will be a better investment for the long term.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis