Will Brink

Will Brink

Audioholic
Anyone directly compared them? I have a new pair of 11's (replaced B&W PM1s) and for the $, fantastic. Looking at the 19s I see they actually have a totally different mid/base driver and I'm very tempted to exchange the 11's for the 19's.

The 19's are considerably more $, almost 2x the price of the 11's. The 19s go a tad lower on the HZ, but I'm using a good sub, so that's not the major issue per se. Guess I'm looking to be either talked into or out of getting 19's.

Thanx!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Anyone directly compared them? I have a new pair of 11's (replaced B&W PM1s) and for the $, fantastic. Looking at the 19s I see they actually have a totally different mid/base driver and I'm very tempted to exchange the 11's for the 19's.

The 19's are considerably more $, almost 2x the price of the 11's. The 19s go a tad lower on the HZ, but I'm using a good sub, so that's not the major issue per se. Guess I'm looking to be either talked into or out of getting 19's.

Thanx!
I think the upgrade would be well worth it. I spent a nice afternoon at the ATC factory in Stroud, with Billy Woodman and his staff. I also got acquainted with the chickens.

Anyhow, the SCM 19 bass mid is based on their legendary mid range driver. It has a huge motor system, and takes power better. It has lower distortion and a smoother midrange. It is worth the extra cost.

Will Brink

Will Brink

Audioholic
Anyhow, the SCM 19 bass mid is based on their legendary mid range driver. It has a huge motor system, and takes power better. It has lower distortion and a smoother midrange. It is worth the extra cost.
Thanx for the input!

Will Brink

Will Brink

Audioholic
As I could not find a comparison of the two speakers for those trying to decide between them, I made one myself. I hope it's helpful:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis