Assassin's Creed II

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I thought the first game was one of the most overrated games of its time. Even though it was beautiful and fun at moments, I found it was very repetitive and it felt like a chore to play after the first few assassinations.

Has anyone played II? The environments again look beautiful but how have they done fixing the flaws of the first game?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The first one was repetetive, but they say they've added a lot more variety to this one. The downside being that the review I read said it became more like GTA4 and less like Assassin's Creed. They still gave it 5 stars. I'll be buying this one for sure once I get my PS3 up and running again.

IMO, the only thing disappointing about the last one is the ending. There's cliff hangers and then there's what they did: leave you hanging. The second one is supposed to pick up LITERALLY at the same point.

Last edited:
MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Hopefully they added a bit more variety to the dialogue as well. One thing that really bothered me was the same 3-4 responses after you saved a citizen. That got extremely annoying. It looks like they added some moves/kills for the main character which look interesting.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Just the ability to take an attacker's weapon and use it against them should add to the variety. Even the fighting in the first one got tiring and repetetive. It required timing, but not really a ton of skill. Mission types are supposed to be more varied as well.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Picked it up today because it was on sale for $49.99. Next week I will hopefully be picking up a new PS3 :)

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I really want to play this. I haven't picked it up because I just got Dragon Age: Origins and don't have any time to play that. (It was cutting into my speaker building time)

I'll probbly watch the prices and pick up AC II when there is a good sale.

Jim

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Finally got my PS3 (120G slim) and was able to play this. So far it is good. I have completed the first section of the campaign, which is sort of a "refresher/training course" to familiarize you with the controls and mission types. There is more variety, but it still feels like much the same game. The challenges are more interesting and more directly related to the story than before and the story is already more interesting than the last one. Will report back when I have time to play further.

M

mrgo26

Audiophyte
I found the first one VERY repetitive and rather easy to beat. The graphics were fantastic though and I kept playing it...so I will probably get the second one sometime soon.

T

termin8ted314

Audioholic
The story is much better but it does feel a little like GTA. Lots of running around. There is a lot to do in the game if you want to finish everything. I still like the game.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The review said this one is much longer than the first, and I'd have to agree based on how long it has been taking to complete missions. You don't even get a weapon until you get fairly well into things. Even knowing how to play, the game keeps the pace fairly slow at first. Some buildings have been made more complex to climb. The guards are smarter such as: they will actually search for you in haystacks. There are new ways to "distract" the guards to get you into places, and hiding within a crowd is a bit easier. Day changes to night now, and that means a time for changing of the guards, but that also means you have to wait.

S

shoryuken

Audioholic Intern
I hate this game

NOT MY CUP OF TEA....not sure why i bought this. graphics are sick though.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
Picked it up over the weekend and just finished playing through Florence. The graphics are unbelievable and the audio is fantastic. Really enjoying the gameplay too- it seems to mix the right amount of stealth with the ability to run and jump freely around the cities.

Interestingly enough, last summer I was in Florence and Monteriggioni (as well as San Gimignano where I saw the game goes next), and what's most amazing is how accurate they've made those cities! My wife and I climbed up the tower of the Duomo (the cathedral) in Florence, and it's amazing how similar the cities look- even 500+ years apart!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I've completed most of the restoration of Monteriggioni at this point and it allows you to fund things very quickly. The mission variety is more challenging and keeps it intersting so far. I like that some buildings you have to figure out how to climb rather than them being obvious. The ability to use others more directly to aid your mission is useful too, as well as the ability to pick pocket anyone, anytime (though your notoriety goes up).

Porschetech

Porschetech

Audioholic
i just love this game......very interesting compared to the first one. i've just reached sequence 8 and my villa is @ 85% complete. this, uncharted 2 and forza 3 are my fav games of the yr so far.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I completed it yesterday. Much better than the previous game, though still quite and odd ending. I have Altair's armor and his sword and it seems that the sword makes a bigger difference than anything. The enemies are smarter, but once you reach a certain level, it doesn't really matter. The final sequence was not as challenging as I hoped. The first one I at least died a few times due to the amount of fighting, but I completed this one in one session without being killed. The two things I haven't completed are the feathers and The Truth. I have 60/100 feathers and half of The Truth sequences (located and unlocked) so I still have a number of both of them to find. I like that you can continue to play/search once your final mission is complete on this one, unlike the first one. Which means you can also spend some time playing around for those unusual trophies (some fun ones :D ) I have 85% of the trophies so far. Thumbs up on this one.

T

termin8ted314

Audioholic
The review said this one is much longer than the first, and I'd have to agree based on how long it has been taking to complete missions. You don't even get a weapon until you get fairly well into things. Even knowing how to play, the game keeps the pace fairly slow at first. Some buildings have been made more complex to climb. The guards are smarter such as: they will actually search for you in haystacks. There are new ways to "distract" the guards to get you into places, and hiding within a crowd is a bit easier. Day changes to night now, and that means a time for changing of the guards, but that also means you have to wait.
Finished it a few weeks ago. Much better thant he first one. There should be some DLC for it coming out soon as well. Supposedly 2 different parts.

C

cmchen0

Audioholic Intern
I just finished Assassin's Creed II. It was fun at first but then it gets too repetitive.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The DLC for ACII: Battle for Forli came out over the weekend. For $3.99 it better last a little while. That was one of the most interesting areas in the game and seemed like a big area for not so much time spent there, as well as the mysterious ship off the coast, and I guess this is why.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
The DLC for ACII: Battle for Forli came out over the weekend. For $3.99 it better last a little while. That was one of the most interesting areas in the game and seemed like a big area for not so much time spent there, as well as the mysterious ship off the coast, and I guess this is why.
Don't forget about the other DLC for ACII:Bonfire of the Vanities which should have came out the same time as Battle for Forli. I check for that DLC and it has not been released yet wonder what happened?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Don't forget about the other DLC for ACII:Bonfire of the Vanities which should have came out the same time as Battle for Forli. I check for that DLC and it has not been released yet wonder what happened?
I didn't see that one. I completed Forli last night. Good story, and it was a story line that they started in the original game and I wanted to know more about actually, but if you went back to Forli on your own looking for more info, there was nothing to be found. (The chick tells you to come see her, but she isn't there to visit). Oddly enough, I didn't even notice that it was a "missing" chapter (12), as is 13, which is likely Bonfire of the Vanities. Bonfire of the Vanities is mentioned in the history of one of the central characters in ch12, so that would seem to indicate a good chance of this.

*Edit - looks like they are one and the same. That means that chapter 13 is still a "lost" memory.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis