Ashly Mosfet Amplifiers

U

ULOSECLOWN

Audiophyte
I just purchased an Ashly FTX 1500 for a home theater application. I have a Yamaha V663 receiver 95wpc, Mirage 260's for front, mirage omnistat v2cc center, an Altec Lansing Sub and Boston Acoustic CR-6's for surrounds.

I am attempting to beef up the sound of my front channels.

What is the best way to connect this Ashly amp to my Yamaha receiver?

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum!

If you wish to hook the amplifier up to your front two speakers, then do the following:
  • Disconnect the speaker wires for the front two speakers from the RX-V663
  • Connect the speaker wires for the front two speakers to the FTX-1500 speaker terminals
  • Connect the pre-amp outputs ("PRE OUT" jacks on the back) for the front speakers on the RX-V663 to the line-level inputs on the back of the FTX-1500. Without knowing what options are on your FTX-1500, I will assume for now that you have the standard configuration. I'd suggest purchasing a pair of RCA-to-XLR cables (such as these from Monoprice) for that connection.
  • Set the FTX-1500 to "Stereo" mode.
  • I would initially set the output levels for the speakers on the FTX-1500 to something low and then adjust them upwards as desired. You'll want to set those along with the speaker levels on the RX-V663 so that your front speakers are calibrated to the same level as the other speakers.
You can download the manual for the FTX-1500 from the link here if you don't have one. It explains more of the details.

Just let us know what other questions you have.

U

ULOSECLOWN

Audiophyte
Thanks for your prompt response.

Great info. I love this forum.

]

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
I've always heard that those Ashly amps really excellent, very clean and neutral. Let us know how you like it.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Last edited by a moderator:
A

audiohonic65

Audioholic
I Googled this question and I could find all the answers on the PDF file for the Ashly FTX 1500 manual.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis