As New JBL Studio S312's For Sale

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Hi all.

Well...as I mentioned in an earlier thread, I had the Aerial 7B's repaired and am keeping them. They are no longer for sale. The moral of that story is NEVER use UPS to ship really heavy but delicate items and if you do, make sure you insure them. :(

I have my old (not so old) mains for sale now. They are absolutely in mint condition and still under warranty. I am the original owner. These cannot be told from brand new. They are the well regarded JBL Studio Series S312's, 3-way speakers with pure titanium tweeters and 12" bass drivers. Lots of authoritative bass and clean highs from these guys. They have outperformed many speakers costing 3 times as much in our A/B competitions. There is not a mark on either piece. They will come with the original manual and shipping boxes.

They retailed for $1,000/pair. I will sell them for $400 + shipping + 3% paypal fees.

(I also have a JBL EC35 center channel (also seen in the pictures below...in the cabinet) that will be for sale when I acquire a new Aerial Acoustics center.)

Here are the pics...with and without the grills.

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Those would be a nice replacement for 2 of my weakest link speakers....hmmmm. Your not in Ohio by any chance? I'd have a hard time slipping those in with out the wife noticing. ;) Just got through buying the ULTRA, so could be a tougher sell to convince her of the "need". Feel free to PM me with any more extremely tempting offers. Whats your best bet for shipping to Ohio? And would it be UPS? ;)

M

mfhammer

Audiophyte
I know I'm 6 months late with this reply, but are the JBL S312's still available?

Gioxtream

Enthusiast
Hum.............!

Price reduced to $350 + shipping!! :)

I was just wondering......

see?
I have the JBL-s312....I really love the sound of these babies....But...I wish to make an upgrade to 300 or 400 watts/speaker.

Can these be Possible..I mean ..what about upgrading the drivers to a better quality one uH? Also to get better components for the crossovers.I mean the same crossover just better quality ones.

Would these work?

By the way i spoke to a guy who according to him is an expert in doing work like that.

Is he fooling me around???? or this can actually be possible???
Thanks in advance.

Gioxtream.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I was just wondering......

see?
I have the JBL-s312....I really love the sound of these babies....But...I wish to make an upgrade to 300 or 400 watts/speaker.

Can these be Possible..I mean ..what about upgrading the drivers to a better quality one uH? Also to get better components for the crossovers.I mean the same crossover just better quality ones.

Would these work?

By the way i spoke to a guy who according to him is an expert in doing work like that.

Is he fooling me around???? or this can actually be possible???
Thanks in advance.

Gioxtream.
I wouldn't do a thing to those S312's. You can certainly put in more expensive drivers and a new crossover, but you'll have to keep in mind the cabinet design, enclosure size and tuning, etc. And I don't think you'll get a lot of improvement. The drivers, unless abused or tired, are top-flight. That titanium tweeter is as clear and clean as any you can buy. And they'll play as loudly as you can stand (or is healthy for a human) and then some before breakup.

These are fabulous speakers and hugely outperform their cost. I like them every bit as well as my $6000 Aerials for home theater!!! They fall a bit short of the Aerials in looks and musical performance...but for the price...these are outstanding value speakers.

Maybe the new owner of my old ones will chime in with his perceptions.

Gioxtream

Enthusiast
JBL studio series Upgrade possible???

I wouldn't do a thing to those S312's. You can certainly put in more expensive drivers and a new crossover, but you'll have to keep in mind the cabinet design, enclosure size and tuning, etc. And I don't think you'll get a lot of improvement. The drivers, unless abused or tired, are top-flight. That titanium tweeter is as clear and clean as any you can buy. And they'll play as loudly as you can stand (or is healthy for a human) and then some before breakup.

These are fabulous speakers and hugely outperform their cost. I like them every bit as well as my $6000 Aerials for home theater!!! They fall a bit short of the Aerials in looks and musical performance...but for the price...these are outstanding value speakers.

Maybe the new owner of my old ones will chime in with his perceptions.
Hum......What I am trying to do is Upgrade drivers for more watts per chanel and more efficiency on the speaker.

Money is not an issue..I am just trying to experiment with my babies.That's all.I mean as a proyect ...is going to be be fun LOL.

If i decide to do so.....should i look for more efficent drivers and watts/ch??

I also notice ......after 3 years of listening carefully.That. There is some descoloration between the sub and the mid-range.....I mean in the transition between the two.Maybe I am crazy...but i am not the only one who has this problem.This just happend in a 5% of my music.Dont know why.

However they are great speakers and I am not selling them..I am really in love with them.I belive speakers are like cars...if you buy a nice car from the factory some people chose to change the weels for better ones...or changing the suspension of the car for better performance.That's all I am trying to achieve ....better components for my babies.

Better resistor and better coils on the crossovers ,High efficiency drivers = AUSTANDING PERFORMANCE. what you think... uH???

Possible?????????????

Regards my friend.

Gioxtream.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
If you want to experiment, give it a try. I wouldn't mess with the drivers, as they are very efficient. But you can upgrade the parts on the crossover. That might help a bit...especially with the mid-bass xover discoloration that you seem to hear. You might be hearing that discoloration as a result of the recording, and not the speakers though, since you only notice it on 5% of your music.

I'm not sure what you mean by more watts. Are you saying you want to pump more than 250-300 watts into them? (I think the manufacturer suggests no more than that.) You'll blow your house roof off and your neighbors will come hunting you before you can get the drivers to break up with that kind of input.

Gioxtream

Enthusiast
Hey !

If you want to experiment, give it a try. I wouldn't mess with the drivers, as they are very efficient. But you can upgrade the parts on the crossover. That might help a bit...especially with the mid-bass xover discoloration that you seem to hear. You might be hearing that discoloration as a result of the recording, and not the speakers though, since you only notice it on 5% of your music.

I'm not sure what you mean by more watts. Are you saying you want to pump more than 250-300 watts into them? (I think the manufacturer suggests no more than that.) You'll blow your house roof off and your neighbors will come hunting you before you can get the drivers to break up with that kind of input.
I was just wondering if at least the upgrade for the crossovers can be possible....I have heard that some people upgrade the crossovers parts.Like coils and resistances and better filters etc...Can i actually see any changes in audio quality??? And yes. I am actually looking to upgrade the drivers to a better quality ones.I have a guy he is 60 years old and he told me that is possible to do it ...he said the best thing to do first would be with the crossovers.He also called me crazy for trying to upgrade the drivers with a better quality ones and more watts per driver.let's say 300 RMS ans Crossover upghrade(Better components) I heard the JBL s312 is 250 RMS. hummm...very beefy..what about 300 watts rms???

can you help me in chosing the JBL drivers for my Upgrade..

Thanks man.

I really appreciated your time.

Gioxtream.

Gioxtream

Enthusiast
Hey !!!!!!!

The JBL s312 are 250 watts RMS i believe. I want to change the drivers to a better ones a the crossovers too.

Help me chosing a very efficient drivers for my upgrade.

Thanks once again

Gioxtream

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis