As far as picture goes...

Vancouver

Vancouver

Full Audioholic
Is there a better DVD player then the denon 2910? Is there something else that would produce a much better, noticably different video quality? I am not to concerned with features that the 3910 has,,,just interested in picture quality.

M

Moli

Audioholic Intern
Checked out today the 3910 and yes nice unit but l dont need HDMI and DVI inputs. The specs on the 3910 read the same as the 2910.
I need a great video dvd player not all that super audio cd stuff
Any thoughts?
Moli

Vancouver

Vancouver

Full Audioholic
Moli...why are you not happy with the specs of the 2910? It has one DVI output which will come in useful, same video quality of the 3910 but is much cheaper because it has a lot less bells and whistles...

Mr T. Is the unit by Denon you recomend giving out a better picture quality then the 2910? Basically I am buying the 2910 unless there is a DVD player on the market that gives much better picture quality.

M

Moli

Audioholic Intern
Just brought the 3910. Couldnt resist and what the hell it was only a few hundred dollars more.
The unit weights more than than 2910 so the internal build quality must be better.

The picture is amazing.
MOLI

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Moli said:
The unit weights more than than 2910 so the internal build quality must be better.
MOLI

Or, the new component is just built with heavier chassis? :rolleyes:

E

eirepaul

Audioholic
I am going with the 2910 - it has everything I need and more. It would be nice to have the Denon link but I can do without it. I just can't see putting out the extra $650 for the 3910 and the 2910 has HDMI for future options. I think it is a pretty good value.

M

Moli

Audioholic Intern
Chroma delay Problem DVD 3910

My 3910 in pal has a chroma delay problem. Bought it back to the store and checked out another.. same problem, tried a 2910 and yes same problem. (same board)

Denon Australia are aware of this problem that DVD 3190 has this issue with Pal Zone 4 (after the owner rang Denon) and YES and firmwire upgrade to solve this prob is about 2- weeks away.

Check with a colour dvd or THX optimizer and the problem is with green and magenta you will notice a bleeding

No issues at all with NTSC.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis