Are you ready for Real ID?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
LOL, agreed, but what is truly sad is obesity among the young folks
Are you referring to young adults, teenagers or kids younger than teens? I see a lot of fat kids with fat moms and if the dad is there, they're fat, too. Those kids are given a very low bar to strive for but the schools in some areas had stopped PhysED for awhile and that was incredibly stupid. It sets the pattern for their lives and 'healthy' isn't part of it. The food many people eat is also a major part of the problem and fast food is absolutely at the heart of the fat epidemic.

These people aren't 'in decent shape with a bit of fat, they jiggle when they walk, sweat on cool days and are usually out of breath just from walking to the grocery store from their cars.

"I'm in shape- round is a shape" applies to them.

highfigh

highfigh

The first time I went to the DMV for my RealID, I had my SS card, Driver's license (which I originally received 50 years ago), the birth certificate from the hospital and a couple of bills. That wasn't good enough, the birth certificate needed to be from the state, which meant that I needed to go to the County Clerk of Records. The website that showed what I needed has differences and the person I spoke with at the courthouse told me things that weren't true, but the second time I called, it resulted in a much shorter trip than I expected.

I fail to understand why someone who has had a driver's license for 50 years from the same agency that issues the RealID doesn't get the RealID without having to jump through a bunch of hoops.

A woman who was at the DMV the first time I went for this had been married, then divorced- they wanted a document that showed she had changed her name back to the original after the divorce, even though her driver's license and other documents show the name she was going to use on the RealID. The web page showing what can be presented didn't show anything like what they wanted.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I got mine almost 4 years ago. Read what the site said, brought those docs with me and was in and out in about 20 min.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Has there been any particular benefits of this whole "real id" thing?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I don't know that there were any benefits to the community. It became a requirement to fly domestically and apparently government building that require ID to be shown. More or less they are more stringently checking you are who you say you are via other documents.

highfigh

highfigh

Has there been any particular benefits of this whole "real id" thing?
It came about in 2004 because of 9-11 and they decided that we needed to be safe so, maybe, if we jumped through enough hoops, we would be too tired to blow stuff up.

As often and as easily as people made fake driver's licenses when I was in high school without great printers, I have to think it's still easy to make a good copy with bad info. If these fail to do what was intended, I expect them to decide that we need to be chipped like pets and livestock.

highfigh

highfigh

I got mine almost 4 years ago. Read what the site said, brought those docs with me and was in and out in about 20 min.
THe quote is from the WI .pdf for required documents- I shouldn't have been required to get my state-issued birth certificate since I had my driver's license, SS card, fishing license, utility bill and could have brought others that are allowed- that wasted several hours of my time and then, I had to wait in line while they had to explain all of this to people who didn't understand.

"REAL ID compliant cards require two (2) proofs of residency."

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
THe quote is from the WI .pdf for required documents- I shouldn't have been required to get my state-issued birth certificate since I had my driver's license, SS card, fishing license, utility bill and could have brought others that are allowed- that wasted several hours of my time and then, I had to wait in line while they had to explain all of this to people who didn't understand.

"REAL ID compliant cards require two (2) proofs of residency."
Yeah, my mom went to get hers and they didn't accept the docs she brought so she had to go again. I had my passport and something else and that was enough.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis