Are these wipes safe for blu ray and 4k UHD discs?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I don't know what he meant either. In my book, it stands for "India Pale Ale" :D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
If I need to use anything, plexus plastic polish is as good as it gets for nonscratched cleaning. Works great on my Oakley’s too. It’s designed for aviation windows.
Or quick detailer, or maguires plastic polish for scratches. Sometimes non abrasive SUPER light duty polish.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
It seemed similar in grit as the original that came with the original cd repair kit I had....might depend on the toothpaste :)
"Dear Colgate-Palmolive-

I would like to take this opportunity to register a complaint about one of your products. On the recommendation of other like-minded audiophiles, I bought some of your toothpaste as a way to remove scratches from my CDs, DVDs and BluRay discs. Well, it doesn't work. I don't know how you expect us to clean our discs when the gel-type toothpaste has no grit.

Harrumph!

Disruntledly,

Disc Boy

:D

W

Woofy98102

Audiophyte
Forget those. Any decent brand of lens wipe, such as those by Zeiss found at Walmart optical departments are easily better than anything else. First, the lens wipes by Zeiss are specifically made for optical grade polycarbonate lenses, which is exactly what cd, dvd, sacd and blue ray discs are made of. Second, the lens wipes are made of a material that will not scratch the polycarbonate surface of the disc. Just don't use it on the printed side of the disc. And always use a freshly opened wipe and don't share between discs.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis