Are these speakers decent?

Smartass408

Smartass408

Audioholic Intern
I've recently come into possession of a pair or free Pioneer CS-G911 speakers and was wondering if they're any good. Or at least decent compared to today's speakers.

Thanks guys.

H

HDPCsound

Audioholic
The Pioneer CS-G911 are awesome for music and gaming, clear sound 4 way twin-bass,(2)10""woofers,3.38"" and a midrange,(2)2.5""TWTR

M

mnatiq

Audioholic
U should post some specs, anyways i looked them up. there not bad at all. how much are u getting em for?

Smartass408

Smartass408

Audioholic Intern
U should post some specs, anyways i looked them up. there not bad at all. how much are u getting em for?
Sorry, I couldn't find any specs on them online, and I don't have any documentation on them, just the model number.

Also, they are free.

J

JasonHohman

Enthusiast
Sorry, I couldn't find any specs on them online, and I don't have any documentation on them, just the model number.

Also, they are free.
I've recently come into possession of a pair or free Pioneer CS-G911 speakers and was wondering if they're any good. Or at least decent compared to today's speakers.

Thanks guys.
Hello,
I seems to be quite a few years from original posting but still the mystery continues. I am in search of the same info. I know not extremely important but would be nice.
Secondary I do have a Dayton mic for measuring and some knowledge/usage of electrical measurement. I’d be willing to test and post results if I was given the needed steps to accomplish (understanding novice practice I’ve completed).
They seem to sound ok? but listening to Matt Pose’ explanations of sound dispersions makes me wonder how effective the W-T-T-M-W configuration is? This seems to be quite unique and hasn’t been duplicated often. I am also unsure about the port “plumbing”. I don’t know if the 5 speakers are all contained within the same air chamber or divided between the woofers? Any input would greatly appreciated!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis