Are These Finds Good Deals?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Sorry, updated the post. Forgot to include 'Revelation' Audio Mistral. Revelation Audio Labs makes fancy cables. Having trouble finding info on Revelation Audio speakers. All I see are ads on Canuck Audio Mart and UK Audio Mart. (Edit) Manufacturer appears to be Revelation. More speakers from them on Google, like the Lyra 2.
A small bit of info here (scroll down to the right), whoever they were it seems like they may have priced themselves out of the speaker business

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Man, I got all excited finding this but it's an expired ad. I thought I just stumbled across another deal on a second 1212NR! He was asking $1285! I would absolutely have bit on that! Durnit.

View attachment 47375

Lightning never strikes twice. Well maybe... :p :eek: o_O :p

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL not that it's a particularly good deal but it just cracked me up and makes me wonder why he has so many of them....the part about meeting in the parking lot sounds a bit shady but I suppose covid based....or doesn't want the wife to see the extra income? :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Then I see these which are somewhat interesting by reputation, but don't know much about what he's saying about same drivers and the changed crossover....whether that's all factory or some additional tweaking here?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Those appear to have a pair of 8" drivers inside the cab. They might be interesting.

The bass frequencies are generated by what JBL calls a Double Chamber Bandpass (DCB) system, consisting of two internally mounted 8.5-inch drivers located about midway up the column. The dual woofers, which face each other on a baffle plate that divides the interior of the enclosure, are driven out of phase, effectively operating as a single piston.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Here are some specs for the H520s

Type: 3 way, 5 driver loudspeaker system

Frequency Response: 34Hz to 27kHz

Recommended Amplifier: 10 to 200W

Crossover Frequency: 1200, 3500Hz

Impedance: 6Ω

Sensitivity: 90dB

Bass: 2 x 203mm cone

Midbass: 1 x 165mm cone

Midrange: 1 x 127mm cone

Tweeter: 1 x 25mm titanium dome

Enclosure: bass reflex

Dimensions: 356 x 970 x 310mm

Weight: 24kg

Year: 1994

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I use 4 of them in my home theater setup that’s a steal for them . These were made in Denmark for the European market they are excellent speakers, 4 ohm load , not many pairs made it over here and were about 1,800 hundred a pair I’d snag them in a heart beat .
They do look pretty interesting. 'Specially for 79 bucks...

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Those appear to have a pair of 8" drivers inside the cab. They might be interesting.

The bass frequencies are generated by what JBL calls a Double Chamber Bandpass (DCB) system, consisting of two internally mounted 8.5-inch drivers located about midway up the column. The dual woofers, which face each other on a baffle plate that divides the interior of the enclosure, are driven out of phase, effectively operating as a single piston.

I have two pair . These are great sounding these like power and just disappear in your room I will say the bass sounds best with subs and crossed over at 100 to 120 then they open up . There is a bass compensating switch on the bottom with the binding post .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
They do look pretty interesting. 'Specially for 79 bucks...
There was a bigger size the 580’s which I’d drive across country to have lol 10 inch woofer’s inside the cabinet. There’s no vinyl in these cabinets there black ash veneer and heavy. I’ve never seen a pair of 580’s in the states although Iam sure a few made it here . This is a definite buy the tweeters go for 70 bucks if you can find them . I have bought enough spare drivers to rebuild two complete speakers just in case and two spare glass tops and crossovers .

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Oh snap gonna try to get them then. Whoa they are almost mint. Glass on top looks classy.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That’s incredible price these still go for 600.00 on eBay when they show up .
So are the binding posts on the bottom? I think I see them in this image.

s-l400 (3).jpg

You say 100-120 hz crossover? They spec to 34 hz, tho it doesn't specify if that's -3 dB.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General

Attachments

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis