Are These Finds Good Deals?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Try sending an Email to RBH ... also like a lot of sock speakers, it looks like the top may come off and the sock rolled down ... if he wants to sell them that bad, he should let you try to roll the sock down to inspect the drivers before you buy.
I just got off the phone with Duane at RBH and he didn't have the model number off the top of his head, but said if they're covered in a sock then they're pretty old. Like 90's old and predates the aluminum drivers. Speakers from that era also had foam surrounds and a good chance there could be dry rot. Sounds like a hard pass. He said I could send him an email and he'd dig up what info he has, but knows there wouldn't be anything on the site anymore.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I just got off the phone with Duane at RBH and he didn't have the model number off the top of his head, but said if they're covered in a sock then they're pretty old. Like 90's old and predates the aluminum drivers. Speakers from that era also had foam surrounds and a good chance there could be dry rot. Sounds like a hard pass. He said I could send him an email and he'd dig up what info he has, but knows there wouldn't be anything on the site anymore.
Sounds like the 90's ... also with that old rack electronics he has

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
These are unusual. DunTech Black Knight PCL-400 speakers for $3k. The name seems appropriate. They'd look right at home in the Batcave!

00m0m_6qDwk6LIaGWz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
More from Quad! These look a bit more contemporary than the electrostats, but I'll bet @TLS Guy knows something about them. Ad only says "floor speakers". $1600

Seller is asking $600 ... better than some of them crazy craiglist prices out there ... I can not speak for Quad, but always wanted to hear their bookshelf speakers

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
These are unusual. DunTech Black Knight PCL-400 speakers for $3k. The name seems appropriate. They'd look right at home in the Batcave!

View attachment 47365

Those are interesting and the use of dynaudio drivers probably make them close to that price in parts.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The only Quad speakers I've seen much posted about for are the electrostatics....Is Duntech related to Dunlavy?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan

Maybe the son of Batman will buy them ... seems like they may have sold for around $5000 around 1990 ... a lot of optimism in your area.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Seller is asking $600 ... better than some of them crazy craiglist prices out there ... I can not speak for Quad, but always wanted to hear their bookshelf speakers
Crap, I put 1600 in my post. I fixed it. I've never seen those before, but the woofer quality look promising.
The only Quad speakers I've seen much posted about for are the electrostatics....Is Duntech related to Dunlavy?
Yup, I just visited the site and he's mentioned all through it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just answered my own question about Duntech/Dunlavy. I'd be tempted to try those just because of all the nice things I've read about Dunlavy over the years....http://duntech.com/about.html

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General

View attachment 47365

Dudes got some gear I’d gladly take those jbl 250ti’s lol !

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Ooh hell yes my friend bunch of old tube stuff too !
Oh yeah. All kinds. Lots of Mac gear too. I'm wondering if he's one of the couple of guys @lp85253 was talking about a ways back. They have guys on tap who work at thrift stores (anecdotally) that contact him if something interesting gets donated.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis