Are These Finds Good Deals?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Amazon still sold them, but not sure about recently. Actually the price on the Sherwood was good, but TT were a bit much. I guess maybe because the needles were in good shape. But on ebay they are more expensive than than before. Technics had me than I left haha. I never spent more than $25.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I've been dismissing it as a passing phase, but it does appear vinyl is indeed having a resurgence... TOOL is even rumoring to be releasing an all analog album. I'm gonna make a post about that pretty quick...

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I've been dismissing it as a passing phase, but it does appear vinyl is indeed having a resurgence... TOOL is even rumoring to be releasing an all analog album. I'm gonna make a post about that pretty quick...
Yep get on it! Metallica too.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
These just scream "lifestyle" to me. $200 for Celestion glass speakers. I gotta admit I'm curious how they sound.

View attachment 47308

I had forgotten about those! Really wanted a pair when they first came out; given how unobtrusive they are, they would make for nice bedroom speakers. I’m sure they sound excellent as Celestion had a pretty good reputation (I seem to recall reading a couple favorable reviews).

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I had forgotten about those! Really wanted a pair when they first came out; given how unobtrusive they are, they would make for nice bedroom speakers. I’m sure they sound excellent as Celestion had a pretty good reputation (I seem to recall reading a couple favorable reviews).
They do look cool. Are those solid metal strips from the binding posts to the speakers in the glass?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I'm sure someone will rip the LP to FLAC and 'leak' it. ;) Hopefully they will have the sense to release on digital as well. Makes no sense to alienate an entire segment of your fan base.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I'm sure someone will rip the LP to FLAC and 'leak' it. ;) Hopefully they will have the sense to release on digital as well. Makes no sense to alienate an entire segment of your fan base.
Hey I'm trying to ease him in! :mad: :eek::p

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
They're talking about a vinyl version of an existing cd. The cd has been out for a while now.

Time for "guess which speaker"! This guy seems way more focused on the electronics in this ad for $250. I know those are older RBH speakers but no clue which model. Depending on what they are, they might be the most valuable thing of the bunch!

01515_lfqkNC054xqz_0jm0ew_1200x900.jpg

Do they look big enough to be the SX-T1R? I'll buy that whole set just for the speakers if I have to...

sxt1r-page.png

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Time for "guess which speaker"! This guy seems way more focused on the electronics in this ad for $250. I know those are older RBH speakers but no clue which model. Depending on what they are, they might be the most valuable thing of the bunch!
Would be nice if he would give the model number of the speaker, and a picture with grills off ... one can always resale the Kenwood stuff

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
The Kenwood is a 90's rack system, minus the rack. It won't be worth much.

If you look at the first pic really closely you can see 3 circular impressions vertically in the grille cloth. Definitely not the SX-T1, but a straight MTM speaker of some sort. Best bet is to ask for pictures of the speaker naked, or just provide the model #

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Would be nice if he would give the model number of the speaker, and a picture with grills off ... one can always resale the Kenwood stuff
Yeah, it really aggravates me when they do that. You can upload 24 images to Craigslist! It seems as tho this seller thinks the Kenwood gear is the selling point, and it's not. I don't want any of it.

If you look at the first pic really closely you can see 3 circular impressions vertically in the grille cloth. Definitely not the SX-T1, but a straight MTM speaker of some sort. Best bet is to ask for pictures of the speaker naked, or just provide the model #
I think I see what you see. I'll bet they're 661 or 661Rs. I sent the guy a text.

sx661r-page.png

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay, he replied. Those are covered in a sock and there isn't anything else to go by. He sent me a blurry pic of the binding posts, but there aren't any numbers or model designation on the back. I'm unaware of any RBH sock speakers. Anyone here have any idea? I've been clicking through their discontinued product page and can't find anything covered in a sock.

7104.jpeg

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Okay, he replied. Those are covered in a sock and there isn't anything else to go by. He sent me a blurry pic of the binding posts, but there aren't any numbers or model designation on the back. I'm unaware of any RBH sock speakers. Anyone here have any idea? I've been clicking through their discontinued product page and can't find anything covered in a sock.
Try sending an Email to RBH ... also like a lot of sock speakers, it looks like the top may come off and the sock rolled down ... if he wants to sell them that bad, he should let you try to roll the sock down to inspect the drivers before you buy.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Yeah, it really aggravates me when they do that. You can upload 24 images to Craigslist! It seems as tho this seller thinks the Kenwood gear is the selling point, and it's not. I don't want any of it.

I think I see what you see. I'll bet they're 661 or 661Rs. I sent the guy a text.

View attachment 47324
It's someone who isn't one of " us" .. It's like me trying to sell a 2019 benz.. I quit driving 30 yrs ago, and don't care about anybody's fancy ride...

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

I used to drool over those and the Pioneer equivalent. Was the only "high end" sort of stereo where I lived as a kid.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I used to drool over those and the Pioneer equivalent. Was the only "high end" sort of stereo where I lived as a kid.
I " built "a second hand rack system back in the 90s .. I had to buy the technics party speakers separately.. My entire apt complex knew when i was chillin to tunes...idk how i managed to survive that era...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis