KEF 203 SP3001F $75/pr.
00f0f_gGTuZfH57Vz_600x450.jpg
00N0N_kZ2xdE6TBdg_600x450.jpg
00j0j_dsCwFJwkD7u_600x450.jpg

KEF Monitor SP3254 RDM2 $90/pr.
00303_kv7LGX3LDXM_600x450.jpg
00m0m_fTGjANbRbKk_600x450.jpg
00505_jz9ccxR6ajX_600x450.jpg

"Paradigm Speakers". That's all it says in this listing and this is the only image.
00O0O_ghZ6W3tNXkc_600x450.jpg

Infinity SL30S $80/pr
01212_k2MVlNLYCYE_600x450 (1).jpg
00n0n_fL0JqerF2Iq_600x450 (1).jpg

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Those Paradigm's look like the MK series version, with the soft dome tweeter which are decent -- they are before the Monitor series

I would skip the Infinity SL speakers

The KEF do look interesting

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Which ones? The 203s or the monitors? Those monitors look to be powered also.
They are both passive speakers -- the RDM2 are the ones I would look at -- Ebay sells for a lot more

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
They are both passive speakers -- the RDM2 are the ones I would look at -- Ebay sells for a lot more
Gotcha. The "fins" on the back look kinda like they're for dissipating heat. That's why I thought they were powered. I'd rather they were passive anyway.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I just found a pair of the kef monitors on ebay for over $500 + shipping...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Way too high
For sure. Five hundred bucks plus shipping isn't even realistic. I wouldn't expect them to sell for that. I have a feeling they're going to be sitting there for a while.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That is a good deal, and they have a lot of Snell Technology in them
There are a few snell speakers in Phoenix area too. They're all more than I really want to spend tho.

*Edit: These 3 keep grabbing my attention. $350 for 3 of them. Used for L/R/C. They were just recently "professionally refoamed" but otherwise in good condition with grills.

01414_3hP9tJpM5xf_600x450.jpg
00G0G_lWAfTikuxIY_600x450.jpg
00x0x_d0IHx1mpV56_600x450.jpg
00v0v_eeo0LvpQX4U_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh man, I wish I had 2800 bucks to spend frivolously right now. Look at these things. He's selling 4 of of them and won't break them up. Looks custom or built to order by SVS? He says that's where they were built and tested. Dual subs, 900 watts.

00P0P_airWBf0QxmQ_600x450.jpg
00h0h_4utdeUgN0tX_600x450.jpg
00H0H_f0QZgZwfEIY_600x450.jpg

SVS PB12-Ultra/2 Specifications

· Twin TV-12 "Ultra" woofers built by TC-Sounds...
SVS's best
900 watt BASH (R) amp with built-in parametric equalizer
· Flush-mount amp configuration (220v. version available)
· Computer Assisted Design (CAD) enclosure
· Down-firing configuration with distinctive SVS integrated base-plate
· Compliant floor mounts , low center of gravity
· Three 4" high-flow flared porting (in and out), two port blocks included.
· Each sub built and tested by SVS in its Ohio factory.
· Extra heavy-duty detachable 8 foot power cord
fine textured black
· Selectable 16Hz, 20Hz or 25Hz extension with included port plugs
· +/- 2 dB 18 Hz-200 Hz anechoic in 20hz mode **
· Size: Approx. 19" wide, 26.5" tall and 28" deep. Weight: 190 pounds

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
But those Advents look soooo tempting. I had a pair of new Advents and they were pretty decent back in 1979...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
While I'd be leary of anything beyond the original Advents when Henry was in charge, this review makes them sound interesting altho $100 might be a bit high http://www.hifi-classic.net/review/advent-prodigy-1.html
I was thinking the same. Interesting review tho. It does make them seem not too bad.

I'm having some fun looking this stuff up and the feedback helps me learn more about all these different companies. While I'm not dissatisfied with my current setup, maybe... one of these days, I'll stumble across something really cool that would be impossible not to jump on. I'm talking like some $5000-$8000/pr speakers some ex wife is spite-selling for a hundred bucks or something, lol. I'm not really looking for 15-20-40 year old vintage speakers, there are just a lot of them out there.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I was thinking the same. Interesting review tho. It does make them seem not too bad.

I'm having some fun looking this stuff up and the feedback helps me learn more about all these different companies. While I'm not dissatisfied with my current setup, maybe... one of these days, I'll stumble across something really cool that would be impossible not to jump on. I'm talking like some $5000-$8000/pr speakers some ex wife is spite-selling for a hundred bucks or something, lol. I'm not really looking for 15-20-40 year old vintage speakers, there are just a lot of them out there.
Yeah I see people score on those deals once in a while, but ain't happening where I live :) Our thrift is lucky to get a beat up 5.1 avr :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis