Are These Finds Good Deals?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Got these awhile back 120 bucks jbl north ridge E 30’s going to be rear presence channel’s.Haven’t had time to run the cables and find a good wall mount . They are well built and Farley heavy for there size .
Congrats! I had the JBL E20 in Cherry. I loved those for clarity & decent bass and would have never sold them, but they drowned. The E30 I got later and sold them. They were not good as fronts as the E20, but good for surround. I was hoping to find a E20 pair in the thrift store, but never has appeared.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Anyone familiar with Acoustic Research? I found these for a hundred bucks. They look pretty nice. I guess that's an actual phase plug on the woofers. Never heard of them before tho.

They look to be from the Recoton and Jensen days ... just like Advent they went to the wayside
All I know from AR is the center speaker I got. It's a great center.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Here you go, they ship for $5.50 with USPS first class... JBLHP520

170596052_461745494913235_5358246662966386408_n.jpg
170611377_461745518246566_7759044356198902482_n.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Here you go, they ship for $5.50 with USPS first class... JBLHP520

View attachment 47776View attachment 47777

Holy poop. I'M tempted!
Whoa, gulp. You are tempting Mark. Not close to me. Four and a half hours. Might be $50 shipped. Gotta be a mistake.
I wondered that too, but if you... oh wait. That's Facebook, not ebay. There aren't any protections there, and they'd prolly change the terms to ship to AZ.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I wondered that too, but if you... oh wait. That's Facebook, not ebay. There aren't any protections there, and they'd prolly change the terms to ship to AZ.
I do not trust the $5.50 mail quote ... and I only buy local from Facebook

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Holy poop. I'M tempted!

Take a drive and pick em up! ✌

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I do not trust the $5.50 mail quote ... and I only buy local from Facebook
Oh yeah. I completely agree. Same with cl. I was thinking ebay when I got a li'l excited then remembered it was fb. If it was ebay there's some buyer protection and if you lock it in don't they have to honor the shipping?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I ain't driving to Florida! Lol.

I'd prolly spend more in gas than the speakers...
If they were closer I'd get them test em and hold them for You or Mark. I could catch a bus and probably cheaper. Still they are two and a bit heavy for this skinny guy. Contact him and ask for shipping prizes :) to Arizona or Ohio. Just to see what he says.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Whoa, gulp. You are tempting Mark. Not close to me. Four and a half hours. Might be $50 shipped. Gotta be a mistake.
You couldn’t ship one of the drivers for 5.50 lol that’s got to be a mistake .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Still a deal ya already know what ya got just think of the sound you’d have lol !

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Id probably meet the seller half way if I didn't have mine. He looks like a new seller only one year. Mark go get them! :D
I have been wanting to rebuild a set of these with updated drivers and crossovers and redo the cabs very tempting !

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Congrats! I had the JBL E20 in Cherry. I loved those for clarity & decent bass and would have never sold them, but they drowned. The E30 I got later and sold them. They were not good as fronts as the E20, but good for surround. I was hoping to find a E20 pair in the thrift store, but never has appeared.
These are going on the back wall as rear presence height speakers to complete my 11.2 set up got to get the cable and mounts and wait till the wife is gone lol .

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
If they were closer I'd get them test em and hold them for You or Mark. I could catch a bus and probably cheaper. Still they are two and a bit heavy for this skinny guy.
That is very cool of you. In fact I'll add that if anyone sees something I post and they want it I'm totally willing to do the same. I tried to for @NINaudio with those nice JBLs for $50 but the guy wouldn't reply to me!

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I believe you, but I ain't driving to Florida! Lol
I paid a guy in California like 200 bucks to ship a pair of these to Ohio freight. Paid him 600 for the pair now there piping up out of thin air lol . But if his price is right hell it’s a win if and a big IF he knows how to box these up .

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis