Arcam AVR21 + Definitive BP9080 set - Few questions

S

sabatour

Audiophyte
Hey guys, I looked around and didnt see anything specific to my questions so sorry in advance if I missed it in my search...

So I currently have the AVR21 and the full Definitive BP9080 set (left/right + Atmos top speakers, center and surround L and R). ATM I have the left, right and center set to large speaker and the atmos and surround set to small 90hz and 80hz respectively.

I set the center to large as it has a built in 8inch powered sub (or whatever it really is after marketing stuff).

I have sub set to no and the extra watts is set to go to the atmos top speakers on the left and right towers.

I also have a Umik-1 with an Amazon mic stand...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Should I keep the setup the way it is with the subs (each tower has a powered 12inch sub) or should I run them separate or y cable them together.

Dirac Live is the normal version that comes with the ARCAM avr - have not sprung for the $500 upgrade...
I am currently unable to get Dirac live to complete - I keep getting the too much noise(or something close to that) error. Sometimes I can get it to pass on a few of the listening positions but thats it. I currently have tried on two different laptops, one with windows 11 and the other with windows 10. Mic is connected to the laptops via USB. Should the mic be connected to the AVR or is USB to laptop the best way to go? I have also adjusted the mic input and volume output levels all over the place... Mic gain is around 95% to keep the levels below -50db and volume is at safety level max which i think is -30??? But I have played around with these settings a ton... I am also pretty sure that Dirac has different playback tones? I was messing around with this a few months ago and got it to complete the setup but had some issues with one of my towers and the amp dying on me. This has finally been fixed but I could have sworn the playback tones were not what I am hearing now... Could be imagining that though...

I know sound taste is subjective but I am curious as to what you all think about the sub settings and what might be the hang-up for Dirac live.

thanks in advance for any help on this and sorry again if all of this is covered somewhere else and I missed it.

Erik

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis