F

f1ansel

Audiophyte
I have an AR S112PS subwoofer and a Yamaha RX-V1300. I am using the RCA sub out on the reciever and the AR sub seems to go out (almost like a tripped breaker) and come back on after a few minutes. If I go to the sub and look, I find the green power light on. If I turn it off and then turn it on again, it comes back immediately, but soon begins it's 'on/off' cycle once more.
HELP!

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Couple of questions:
  1. How long has the AR been exhibiting this behavior?
  2. Has anything recently changed in your setup/configuration?
  3. How old is this unit?

Any additional detail about this behavior and any recent differences in your system may help to narrow this down, f1ansel... -TD

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
f1ansel said:
I have an AR S112PS subwoofer and a Yamaha RX-V1300. I am using the RCA sub out on the reciever and the AR sub seems to go out (almost like a tripped breaker) and come back on after a few minutes. If I go to the sub and look, I find the green power light on. If I turn it off and then turn it on again, it comes back immediately, but soon begins it's 'on/off' cycle once more.
HELP!

It seems like an auto on/off response of the sub. Does that sub have such a feature? Can it be manually selected to be on for the duration of system operation? If not, you may want to see if you can re-balance it by decreasing its volume control and increasing the receiver's LFE channel trim pot to compensate. This would send a higher signal to the sub and not shutting it off?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis