AR.com DIY/Panasonic Digital Receiver

R

Rob H

Audiophyte
AR.com DIY's w/Panasonic Digital Receiver

AR.com DIY speakers (Madisound kits)
Sanus stands
Parts Express speaker wire w/Dayton Audio Banana Plugs (as per Audioholics article)
Panasonic XR25 digital receiver w/PS Audio Power Punch cord upgrade
JVC XL-258 CD Changer w/racquetball halves for isolation
Acoustic Research optical cable

The AR.com's perform well above their price point. Combined with the Panasonic digital receiver, they sound amazing. Great midrange, very detailed (but not harsh) highs and tight bass. The hype re: these digital receivers is true! The Panasonic FAR out performs the Denon DRA685 which it replaced.

Attachments

Last edited:
W

wem003

Audiophyte
I'm just curious, are you using these just for stereo?

I have been reading a lot of reviews on these kit and they seem to be a great set, and I'm considering them for a small home theater room I am setting up (it's 12 x 18ft) and I'm trying to get a feel if one of these is appropriate for a center, or if I'd loose to much.

Thanks,

Eric

R

Rob H

Audiophyte
I'm using these in 2 channel only. Prior to these, I was using a pair of Axiom M3ti's. The Axiom's are a good speaker, but no comparison to the DIY's. The DIY's have much better midrange and are much more detailed.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Looks good! Have you considered a power conditioner or at least a surge protector? One wouldn't want Zeus to strike down your system with a stray bolt of lightning...

R

Rob H

Audiophyte
No...no power conditioner or surge protector. Probably should at least get a surge protector. I live in the Pikes Peak region of Colorado. Lots of lightening.

Haven't really had any problems in the past, but would hate to "nuke" the Panny :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis