Aperion audio speakers overall thoughts?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
What are your thoughts and experiences with Aperion audio speakers overall and the Novus line in particular? I do like that they have 3 way center options. They look pretty good from the outside.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I didn't buy, but their upper tier line came highly recommended by several folk a few years ago. I don't recall seeing much in the way of reviews for their gear, either. I do know that they don't do free returns if you buy on sale, which was a turn off.
If I had to guess, they are no better and no worse than many of the players in their price point. The real question is probably more along the lines of which aspect will you find the shortcoming of their design. And you know they will exist. Just a matter of to what degree.

Keep in mind though, this is a company that actively has tried to sell super tweeters for years. Just buy their special little box and put it on top of your existing speaker... IIRC, they even started an AH account to shill their stuff: got a little flamy as I recall. ;)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
From the info gathered on the forums and S&V mag, Aperion has always had pretty good speakers at a pretty good price. I'm in particular referring to the older Intimus and Verus Grand speaker lines.

I have never heard an Aperion speaker. It seems like ~10 years ago there was a lot of buzz and praise for these speakers, but then the buzz just kind of fizzled out.

Likely you would not be disappointed with Aperion speakers, I'm just wondering if there may be better performers for similar $.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Exactly, it seems to be in this midrange of prices, like up to a grand it's really hard to make a decision. One thing I don't like is Aperion implemented a 10% restocking fee for returns. That kinda turned me off. It's 30 days trial and can't really call it free trial because of the 10% restocking fee. It used to be 60 days. I still like the reviews of the Novus line but those things turned me off.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis