Anyone tried out Apple’s new Spatial Audio Lossless Dolby Atmos music?

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
I just subscribed today while in my car (free 1 month trial btw) and could hear the difference, especially with bass (I have an entire upgraded sound system in my car) but will have to try it when I get home with my 7.2 system.

I don’t think there is any other service that offers this. They even have a introduction to their service comparing stereo sound music and Dolby Atmos music.

Cant wait to get home!

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Check this thread for info from folks trying it out.

M

MasterApex

Audioholic Intern
I did try this with headset and in my room with my new AV7706 pre-pro 5.1.4 setup.

The headset experience is like an upscale version of Dolby Pro-Logic since the sound source is still 2 speakers (L and R)

The in room with 5.1.4 speakers, there are clear distinct source of sound for the 9 speakers.
The "impression" is cool on some music ; it sounds like you are in the middle, the selective details of instrument, or note or voice can move from each speakers or come all at once from all speakers. So whether you like it depends on your taste of the artist/mastering mix the sounds.

On older song that was recorded in studio or classical song that was recorded life in auditorium with stereo microphones. The Stereo mode is better to RECREATE the original imaging SOUNDSTAGE (can hear the position of the singer, drum, piano, guitar) more accurately.

For example on Norah Jones Album, they remix it for Atmos and it sounds interesting.
But you can still pick the single song in stereo mode to play it with just two speaker stereo.
For this Album, I prefer listening with just two speakers stereo via SACD.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Booka Shade’s “Dear Future Self” finally received the dolby atmos treatment on Apple Music. Enjoyed it on Tidal but had volume issues with Apple TV 4K app. No issues with Apple Music app. Sounds great and is my second favorite atmos album behind Yello’s “Point” album. This kind of music may not be everybody’s cup of tea, but it really packs a wallop. Good times!:p

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis