Anyone in IA on the Forums?

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I was just wondering if there was anyone else who posted on the forum that is in Iowa?

I don't notice too many people in the hobby around here but I figure this is the best place to ask as I met one over on the AVrant boards and that ended with me meeting another and learning quiet a bit.

Just seeing if anyone else is out there around here.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I live in ames, going to ISU right now, but drive to des moines on occasion. Also, I think I will be making a trip up to Iowa City soon to go audition some speakers for fun :) possibly MN as well.

I drive a civic so the occasional drive is no big deal for me. Hell when I drove back to Texas to visit my folks I used about 20-25 gallons one way for the 800 mile trip.

Edit: If anyone doesn't want to post where they live but are interested in meeting up to hang out and audition speakers etc or just hear some Jamo's ;) you can send me a pm as well. It seems as if the A/V community here is kind of small but that also might be related to my age and the people I know.

Last edited:
Matt34

Matt34

I'm currently in Cedar Rapids visiting family now, does that count?:D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I wouldn't stay here but my the school gives me a scholarship. Someone has to be stuck here too. Come on Guys!
Hey, we are just playing with you :D
Couldn't resist the opportunity. I am sure it is a very nice place.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Hey, we are just playing with you :D
Couldn't resist the opportunity. I am sure it is a very nice place.
Meh, its okay. I am not a big fan, but the people are nice. The hardest part is the complete lack of good food. Cooking is my other hobby and that is what kills me about here. I couldn't even find duck breast (yeah I know hard life) without special ordering it.

The other annoying thing is that there are so few audio stores around, the closest store is 35-40 minutes away and thats in the capital of this state. Although I have heard one is opening in town so I am excited :D.

Don't worry, I took no offense, I am not a big fan of this place. Back to Texas when I graduate for medical school and then hopefully move somewhere like Austin once I am done with that...as that is a fun town and the only place I could see myself living in the whole of Texas.

I was saying come on because there has to be at least one person who posts on AH from IA!

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Only two things come from Iowa. Steers and .

avaserfi do you have any horns? LOL

LMAO. I have heard that samething about Texas, all you people need to decide. Also, if you subscribe to Borat's way of thinking I might just have horns :eek:. I couldn't help it my ethnicity made me grow them!!!

J

Jim Robbins

Audioholic
Dude, there's plenty of good food in Iowa! Haven't you eaten any fresh corn yet this summer? And how about the beef... better than your feeble Texan cattle. *laugh* It's gotta be corn or corn fed beef! Yeah!

One of these days we'll get over to Iowa City to hear some RBH speakers... And yes I post, but I prefer posting on AVRant.com as it's more entertaining to mock and be mocked!

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I was trying to find people I didn't know lived in IA!!! The more on the road trip the better.

Foodwise the sweet corn is good the beef...not so much, its pretty hard to find anything higher than choice (i.e. leather) at the local grocery stores!

J

Jim Robbins

Audioholic
You've been tainted by texas beef... Poor boy!

Iowa cows rule! Perhaps you should head over to the local Fareway store. They have pretty good beef. Don't go to HyVee or CubFoods...

Anyway, I'd have my neighbor post, but you know him, too!

Later!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis