Anyone here familiar with Streem Speakers

dorokusai

dorokusai

Full Audioholic
Those appear to be white van/parking lot speakers. There are far too many other choices to limit yourself these days. Good luck.

Regards,
Mark
Polk Audio CS

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
If you are looking for speakers, here is what you need to do.

1) Post your equipment.
2) Post your intended use.
3) Post your budget.
4) Post your room size.

You will be directed to quality products. People will debate for you. You end-up with the best available speakers for your application and budget.;)

crashkelly

crashkelly

Full Audioholic
Thanks for the responses

Sorry, but I do not have a complete list of my equipment with me, but here is the important stuff

Pioneer Elite VSX-81TVX
LG DVD Player
XBOX 360 Elite
JBL 12" sub
JVC 48" HD CRT Projection (1080i)
10 year old Acoustic Research towers and matching centre in the front. (these will get replaced some time early next year)

Have no rear speakers at the moment, well I do actually (Techincs), but they are on the way out. I am looking at buying four speakers to complete a 7.1 system. I currently have my eyes on some Energy CR-100s (bipole) for the four rears or a set of four Energy C200s for the rears.

The system will be utilized for about 50% movies and 50% games

I would like to stay under $1000 CDN for the four speakers. I have some choices up here in Calgary, Alberta but not a lot. I don't really have an issue ordering online, but if I order fron the US I generally get dinged big time at the border with duty.

Best guess on the room size would be about 11' x 15' 5", with the viewing distance about 14' The room is part of a basement and is essentailly missing the back wall. I have built a half wall in the back where the seating will go, but cannot close up the room completely due to WAF. Because of this I was looking at the Energy CR-100's and was going to ceiling mount them.

Thanks for any input
Michael

P.S. I thought the same about the Streem speakers, "white van/parking lot speakers", but I thought it could not hurt to ask

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
I am in the US, so I can't offer much help. However, Energy is a great choice.

crashkelly

crashkelly

Full Audioholic
What about Polk Audio FXi3

Thanks Zumbo.

What about a set of 4 Polk Audio FXi3 for the surrounds? I can get a better deal on them right now as compared to the Energy CR-100s, $349.99CDN a pair for the former and $399.99CDN a pair for the later.

Thanks for the link Clint DeBoer, that one is bookmarked

Thanks
Michael

Last edited:
C

canaan

Audiophyte
replying to this since its a dead post. way back internet machine says:

Audiofile
* Acoustic Lab Technology
* Acoustic Monitor
* Acoustic Response (not to be confused with the company Acoustic Research, which involved the famous and respected Henry Kloss, who went on to found KLH and Cambridge Soundworks), Acoustic Image, Acoustic Lab Technology
* Blue Ridge Sound Engineering
* Canyon Audio (not to confused with Canary, these are basically the same as Theater Research)
* Denmark (not to be confused with Denon)
* Dogg Digital, Digital Dogg Audio (reportedly very popular on eBay)
* DCS Digital Audio (Logo looks similar the the DTS logo)
* Dahlton
* Dynalab (not to be confused with Dynamat)
* Divinci
* Divinci Audio
* Elite Audio (another Theater Research brand, less common)
* Epiphany
* Fluance (not the worst offender)
* Grafdale
* Digital Pro Audio, Pro Audio, Digital Audio, Digital Audio Professional Speaker Systems, Digital Audio Skyline Digital Research
* Epiphany Audio
* Kirsch (not to confused with Klipsch)
* Omni Audio
* Protecsound
* Pro Dynamics
* Paradyme (not to be confused with Paradigm)
* PCS
* PSD (jokingly referred to as Paid Scam Drivers). Not to be confused with PSB.
* Theater Research (has many other names)
* Samaurai
* SDAT(Super Dumb Audio Theme)
* Sinclair Audio
* Streem

* Audio Wood Products
* Advance Engineering Research
* Century Distributors PTY LTD
* Dynalab
* Global Audio Network
* JAM Entertainment/JAM Enterprises, now known as Kelfi Distributors
* Millennium Speakers
* Omni Audio or Omni Audio Products
* Orca Distributors
* Republic Distributors, Inc. (parent of Omni and Dynalab) or Republic Distributors Of Canada or Republic Distribution GmbH
* Sound Illusion Production

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis