Anyone here a real audiophile?

M

medstyle

Enthusiast
zumbo said:
Will you please take me for a ride in your Ferrari? Maybe we could drop by your place & check out those superb tunes. Since you don't have the time to enjoy your 20k system, would you like to sell all or part of it? My Soundesign is getting old & some of the 8-tracks are messing-up!

We will miss you! Maybe you can come back when you hit 21. Bring your ID. :eek:
haha i am 22 and i don't have a ferrari. my 20k system is more than half a tv, and all of course is paid for by my parents.

i am a lowly medical student. which means no time, but i wanted to put a nice theater room in my house so i put one in over winter break. I even mounted my surrounds on the walls, so it looks nicer than on stands.

but yeah, my dad used to get an audiophile magazine when i was younger and i read it, so i had some interest in the subject...i am gonna post some pics so you can believe it.

i posted 3...i can't keep converting these files to smaller sizes...the limit is 100k.

Those are pioneer tz-f700 fronts. my audio is all pioneer elite.

Attachments

Last edited:
Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
You might want to spend some time reading the threads here: http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Most of the people here have spent more than 22 years of their life building systems. Not picking their nose. You may want to try a different approach to get the information you are looking for. The people here are very nice & will help you out in any way they can. And again, spend some time in the section I mentioned. You will see many theaters that will blow you away. No pics of mine. I don't have a digital camara. But it is listed.

M

medstyle

Enthusiast
zumbo said:
You might want to spend some time reading the threads here: http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Most of the people here have spent more than 22 years of their life building systems. Not picking their nose. You may want to try a different approach to get the information you are looking for. The people here are very nice & will help you out in any way they can. And again, spend some time in the section I mentioned. You will see many theaters that will blow you away. No pics of mine. I don't have a digital camara. But it is listed.
yeah i want to learn more...i was frustrated with reading about things that seemed common and not very exotic. sorry to come off like an ***...

i sincerely apologize to everyone i offended.

anyway, i am going to back to school soon, so i won't be near my system and probably don't have time to post. but enjoy your systems guys.

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
medstyle said:
yeah i want to learn more...i was frustrated with reading about things that seemed common and not very exotic. sorry to come off like an ***...

i sincerely apologize to everyone i offended.

anyway, i am going to back to school soon, so i won't be near my system and probably don't have time to post. but enjoy your systems guys.

I gotta wonder... did you buy the pioneer elite because of the name?

Ooops, slap my mouth. I didn't mean it that way. :D Or maybe I did.

Seriously, the Pioneer Elite is good stuff.

At another stage of my life (nearly 20 years ago) I spent more than a few hours listening to a megabuck system... Krell Amps and PreAmp, Meridian CD, Apogee Diva's, SOTA Turntable etc. The whole system cost more than a Porsche 911 at that time. But let's be practical, the speakers just won't fit in my HT room, and besides, I would rather have some money left over to spend on DVD's.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis