Anyone heard of Acoustic Profiles Speakers

G

grenke1

Audiophyte
A friend of mine has a set of Acoustic Profiles floor standing speakers. They are model # PSL-88.2 I was wondering if anyone has info on these as I cannot seem to find any type of info out on this company. Thanks!

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
They were aparently made by Audioshpere in Canada, discussed HERE. The company is long gone. I had a pair of their small mini-monitors once.

paul quinlan

Audiophyte
A friend of mine has a set of Acoustic Profiles floor standing speakers. They are model # PSL-88.2 I was wondering if anyone has info on these as I cannot seem to find any type of info out on this company. Thanks!
acoustic profiles weremade by audiosphere research in ontario, canada. i have a pair of 'psl 8.6's ..they are exceptional.great imaging .superb tweeters and unreal dispersion. the low end is atouch limited,,,an 8 inch woofer. its ported two way tower, with a rosewood vinyl finish. they look great, and sound fine.they handle about 200 watts.

C

Corrugated

Audiophyte
Acoustic Profiles

I currently own 2 pairs of Acoustic Profile speakers that I have been using in my stereo / home theater system now since the 90's (?). The front towers are model # PSL88.7a/v and the rear full size surrounds are PSV7.5. I believe I purchased them from A&B Sound back then, as they were quite inexpensive at the time. I believe the perform excellently and sound great (though a bit large for some rooms). I'm currently trying out the Energy e:xl series as a possible replacement. The Energy's (e:XL 16) do have a crisper high but are lacking in the bass department....jury's not out on this yet.....Anyone interested in purchasing my Acoustic Profiles?

F

fernicus

Audioholic Intern
acoustic profiles vs. Energy

on that note and taking it one step further, I have an Energy centre speaker and now just got an Acoustic Profiles speaker. Although the AP is heavier, the Energy is well rated. Which speaker should I keep to match my Mission front bookshelf speakers? any thoughts?

C

Corrugated

Audiophyte
I have since sold my full sized Acoustic Profiles towers, but am currently using the "smaller" AP's as the rear surround speakers in a 4 channel theater setup in the living room. The front pair that are being used are my Energy E:XL 16's. I since grown to love the sound that the Energy's reproduce and they work excellent as a simple 2 channel music pair too. The AP's work wonder's as the rear surround's, as the receiver essentially uses them for the .1 sub portions of audio from Blu Rays. Seeing as they use an 8" woofer, they are working great for that duty.

F

fernicus

Audioholic Intern
I was hoping to use Missions as my rears, possibly the 760's or smaller or keep my Wharfedales - not sure. The Wharfedale's are purposefully rears yet not sure whether to keep my energy take 2 centre or replace it with the Acoustic Profiles centre instead.
Any thoughts?

A

awdio

Audioholic Intern
I have since sold my full sized Acoustic Profiles towers, but am currently using the "smaller" AP's as the rear surround speakers in a 4 channel theater setup in the living room. The front pair that are being used are my Energy E:XL 16's. I since grown to love the sound that the Energy's reproduce and they work excellent as a simple 2 channel music pair too. The AP's work wonder's as the rear surround's, as the receiver essentially uses them for the .1 sub portions of audio from Blu Rays. Seeing as they use an 8" woofer, they are working great for that duty.
You have no idea what you were talking about back then.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis