anyone have use for free speakers

G

gmangregg

Audiophyte
I'm not an audiophile and I realize these are old school and probably nothing compared to what you guys consider good. I was stationed in Japan in the early 80s and got what I thought was a pretty kick *** system for the time. My brother is an audiophile and has since taken my Yamaha receiver to play around with and I now have a newer cheapo receiver which cannot drive these speakers.

I have a pair of early 80s Technics SBG900 and they are just taking up space and free to anyone interested. They work fine, although the covers are not in good shape. I was wondering if somebody would want these for some reason or another. I hate to just put them out at the curb, but I have no use for them. Obviously due to their size, these would not be something that would be worth shipping, but I live in central NJ and on the off chance if somebody is interested and lives or comes through the area they could pick them up.

Hoping to find them a good home.
Gregg

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I usually call AMVETS or Salvation Army for something like this. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum, Gregg! That's very nice of you to join to make that generous offer.

M

Mmetzgier

Audiophyte
I'm not an audiophile and I realize these are old school and probably nothing compared to what you guys consider good. I was stationed in Japan in the early 80s and got what I thought was a pretty kick *** system for the time. My brother is an audiophile and has since taken my Yamaha receiver to play around with and I now have a newer cheapo receiver which cannot drive these speakers.
I have a pair of early 80s Technics SBG900 and they are just taking up space and free to anyone interested. They work fine, although the covers are not in good shape. I was wondering if somebody would want these for some reason or another. I hate to just put them out at the curb, but I have no use for them. Obviously due to their size, these would not be something that would be worth shipping, but I live in central NJ and on the off chance if somebody is interested and lives or comes through the area they could pick them up.
Hoping to find them a good home.
Gregg
I know this old and a long shot but I'm not far away and am looking for these exact speakers I'd be willing to travel for them if they are still around.

M

Mmetzgier

Audiophyte
If you don’t ask the answer is always no!:D
Exactly. Ive been hunting for these for a couple years, I know I can find them online there's a few floating around but I'd hate to spend what they want to not physically check them out first. New Jersey is close enough for me to hop in my car and drive.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I know this old and a long shot but I'm not far away and am looking for these exact speakers I'd be willing to travel for them if they are still around.
You do realize the offer was made in 2013?
It looks like that was the first and only post the OP made and he has not logged in since that date, so "don't hold your breath". Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!:(

M

Mmetzgier

Audiophyte
Yup, but it never hurts to ask. I also seen the guy was only on here once to make that post but hey you never know

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
You do realize the offer was made in 2013?
It looks like that was the first and only post the OP made and he has not logged in since that date, so "don't hold your breath". Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!:(
But you can get them for around $400 on Ebay. :) ... if one really needs or wants them

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis