Anyone else having issues with Netflix on Xbox?

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I have taken advantage of the Netflix streaming capabilities of the Xbox since the day it was made available. It has always worked very well on my 10Mb+ cable Internet connection, until this week. My Internet speed is fine. Tests at DSLReports.com show 10-11Mb. I just downloaded a 600MB show from Revision3.com at 1.3 MB/s. Now, I just sat down to watch another episode of Dexter (great show BTW) and when I hit play it showed my quality at the maximum available but went on to take about 5 minutes to buffer. It then played for a couple minutes before it said my connection had slowed and went on to buffer for another three minutes. It's playing fine now but this is very irritating and I have never had any issues before. Anyone else having any issues?

C

corey

Senior Audioholic
I don't use it a lot, but mine's been fine. I had initial problems with it, but it was due to bandwidth. The cable company replaced an outside connection & it was resolved. have you tested your bandwidth at the same time you are having the problem?

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I found and fixed the problem. It was my router. I updated the firmware and reset it and it now works betterthan ever. Netflix starts playing instantly and I'm back to downloading things at 1MB+/s.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis