Anybody into watches?

GoFastr

GoFastr

Full Audioholic
We went to an opening event for a line of watches that one of the stores here are now carrying last night. My wife surprised me with an after Valentine's Day present! Wow, what a gal. A real keeper!

Home - Bremont

H

hizzaah

Full Audioholic
Watches are an imaginary hobby of mine.. I'd love to own a few, but theyre usually an expense I both cannot afford nor justify lol. My dream watch is a Patek Nautilus. Honestly, i dont think it would look nice on my wrist, but i love the way it looks..

That Bremont is GORGEOUS! you better hang on to her, she's got great taste :thumbsup: the black is definitely the best looking out of the ALT1-C line IMO.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
You could say i'm a little into them...

I try and get relatively inexpensive things I find interesting for various reasons.

I've got others laying around the house somewhere.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Very Nice Bremont. Congrats to you and your wife on good taste.

I dream of IWC's but all I could afford is this one which I dear daily. Hoping to get nice white dial classic watch next.

:

GoFastr

GoFastr

Full Audioholic
Thanks. I love those TAG's too. I'll eventually get one of those too one of these days.

As with any new toy, I'll wear this Bremont while I put my Rolex Daytona in for a service.

One of the co-founders of Bremont (nick English) was here and actually gave me a private demo with the salesman.
He and his brother Giles are British and restore old airplanes and cars. Their fathers love for all things mechanical go them interested as young boys and they have continued on into watches. The vigorous testing and their passion for excellance showed in my face and my wife was so impressed she just sprung for it. Lucky me.

GoFastr

GoFastr

Full Audioholic
If you all get a chance check out the Bremont website for the Victory model with the copper mid section and wood inlay from the old English war ship. They have the last one #229 out of 250 in stock here in Cayman for $17k.

S

Seize

Audioholic Intern
Nice to see some fellow watch enthusiasts here :)

My Breitling Crosswind on bracelet and on strap

G

Grador

Very Nice Bremont. Congrats to you and your wife on good taste.

I dream of IWC's but all I could afford is this one which I dear daily. Hoping to get nice white dial classic watch next.
In general I'm not that fond of the styling of most TAGs, but this is one of the few I rather like. I'd gladly take that or GoFastr's Bremont off your hands.

GoFastr

GoFastr

Full Audioholic
In general I'm not that fond of the styling of most TAGs, but this is one of the few I rather like. I'd gladly take that or GoFastr's Bremont off your hands.
LOL...You've got a huge head start on me! That's a serious collection you've got going on there. Very fine pieces.

G

Grador

Nice to see some fellow watch enthusiasts here :)

My Breitling Crosswind on bracelet and on strap
I can't wear breitlings, I have wrists like a little girl with normal to large hands. Big watches look ridiculous on me.

C

cpd

Full Audioholic
My first foray into my latest hobby. Love that breitling and the bremont.

photo (3).JPG

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Very nice Hamilton, I didn't realized such a nice watch with ETA chrono movt. cost so little (relatively)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I have at least 14 watches I think. Nothing real expensive. The only one that was more than say $200 was this...

It's about 12 years old or so.

I want to get some vintage watches. I have my Grand father's Elgin form 1936. (IIRC) Something about the old ones that I really dig.:cool:

GoFastr

GoFastr

Full Audioholic
I want a TAG and a Breitling to add to these.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics. Camera battery is dead.

G

Grador

The thing I like about mechanical watches, you can tell which one(s) are the banished stepchild since they're not set right.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I have a few watches. It is the hobby that diverted me once I maxed out my home's audio capacity. Here's a couple older pics. I've added more since.

Here is my latest new watch purchase.

S

Seize

Audioholic Intern
Very stylish either way. Classic.
Thanks! I bought it on a bracelet because honestly, it looked fantastic in the jeweler's showroom. As time passed sometimes the 'bling' was bit much for me which is why most of the time I wear on a strap now. I think I prefer the look of it on a strap as you can focus more on the head of the watch.

I can't wear breitlings, I have wrists like a little girl with normal to large hands. Big watches look ridiculous on me.
Not all Breitlings are large. Look at the Navitimer or the Montbrillant, I think those hover around 38-40mm

My first foray into my latest hobby. Love that breitling and the bremont.
Nice Hamilton. Is that a newer model?

I want a TAG and a Breitling to add to these.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics. Camera battery is dead.
All those Rollies and no Sea Dweller or Submariner? But you do have a Daytona, can't go wrong with a Daytona!

I have a few watches. It is the hobby that diverted me once I maxed out my home's audio capacity. Here's a couple older pics. I've added more since.

Here is my latest new watch purchase.
Nice Weil, very clean and understated! My buddy got a Raymond Weil last year from his girl for his birthday. She works for a place that sells them and she got a nice discount on it.

If money wasn't an issue I'd probably have watches by, Vacheron Constantin, Jaegar Le Coultre, Philippe Dufour, Audemars Piguet and Greubel Forsey just to name a few :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis